Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maedhros said:
Oh wow, Sony copying Nintendo again...

rolleyes.gif

Oh wow, read the whole thread. This was done in the PSP (though a bad job at that) and technically the WiiU is "copying" the PSP controller feature for the PS3. But what I find interesting is the possibilities of doing new things with the PS3 + PSV. Current controllers don't have their own processing power and whatnot so this could be a nice add-on. Time will tell..

Also just as a side note, do people actually believe that these things were made in a day? Making new tech isn't just "OH HAI GAIZ! I HAZ IDEAZ FER TEH CONSOLES!" and then doing it without research..

-Qtis

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Qtis said:
Maedhros said:
Oh wow, Sony copying Nintendo again...

rolleyes.gif

Oh wow, read the whole thread. This was done in the PSP (though a bad job at that) and technically the WiiU is "copying" the PSP controller feature for the PS3. But what I find interesting is the possibilities of doing new things with the PS3 + PSV. Current controllers don't have their own processing power and whatnot so this could be a nice add-on. Time will tell..

Also just as a side note, do people actually believe that these things were made in a day? Making new tech isn't just "OH HAI GAIZ! I HAZ IDEAZ FER TEH CONSOLES!" and then doing it without research..

-Qtis
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Figures I should go to sleep finally.. This seems to be a good time when something obvious isn't noticed straight away + too many tabs open at the same time
tongue.gif

My bad.

-Qtis

rgros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Coto said:
If the PSVita is as fragile as PSP, then I prefer to use a normal PS3 controller.

well if the PSV can improve on game play i for one wont mind giving it a try..

Guild McCommunist said:
Slyakin said:
I don't want to use the PSV for a controller. I have actual controllers for that reason.

It apparently can actually do most of what the WiiU sports with its controller, just with a Vita instead of that tablet.

I do doubt anything notable will come out of this though, I don't think any game would want to market the need to spend at least $550 on a PS3 + Vita just to play the game. Maybe it'll have some neat bonus features but nothing will be built off a Vita + PS3 mechanic.

Well we are assuming Sony won't make a bundle of ps3 + psv, and well games can have additional features using the vita, psp for example enabled some exclusive unlocks on assassins creed 2 and in resistance and i did not dislike those, and actually the psv has potencial for mutch more..

QUOTE(prowler_ @ Aug 2 2011, 06:33 PM) The PSP feature was a disgrace and better off not mentioned.
I disagree however i'm not sure of what was the marketing on the features, it was not well explored by Sony they never seemed to give it much features, but not a disgrace.. (disgrace would be psn security).

QUOTE(Centrix @ Aug 2 2011, 06:39 PM)
Actually no it really won't be a serious threat the two systems are fundamentally different...The Wii U can use the controller to play Wii U and Wii games while some one watches a movie or TV, The shitty Vita cannot. Just off topic every video I've seen where people try to use the back touch screen of the Vita looks okward and hard and could strain your hands and fingers. I mean think about it for a min, sure it looks good in photos but when you actually use the back touch screen well seems a bit off to me and just a plain out weird design choice.

I'm not hating just pointing out the facts! I own a PSP Go and Slim 2000 and a 3DS and Wii so I'll probably be getting Vita down the road once the price comes down, like the 3DS it will suffer in sales due to the high price point!

The psp was already able to control most of the XMB and you could play PS1 games already off it... i used it several times while my kids watched tv.. so i don't see how the psv cannot do the same as the wii-u tablets...

I see allot of Sony hate out there
smile.gif
, i actually own allot of systems and all off them are good in their ways, they can't all be the same or it won't be fun at all, however saying that this will suck before it's even released.. I'm thinking this may in fact have a big impact on Wii-u sales however it all depends on the price tag's and what exactly Sony has planned for this features.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it really will impact the WiiU at all; For this to work, you basically have to spend $550. I don't know what kind of developer would make a game that requires a combination of systems that is THAT expensive.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's why I think Sony have to make a tool/middleware/package to deal with this Vita-PS3 integration, so the developers doesn't have to code everything by themselves and can offer the Vita controls as alternative for the traditional controls.

That way, less resources would be used, making multiplatforms between Wii U/PS3 more easy to do.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find this as a very useful feature. I have a PSP and I use the FuSa gamepad plugin to use my PSP as a controller for my PS3 (with some draw backs of course), because I don't own a second controller. Which is useful when I need it.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I thought you can port PS3 games over to the Vita when I read the title, but nah... misread it,
but the concept of it being a controller is really sweet

Really glad I POed the vita. I love the two portables. Yeah

rgros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
I don't think it really will impact the WiiU at all; For this to work, you basically have to spend $550. I don't know what kind of developer would make a game that requires a combination of systems that is THAT expensive.

Like i said it depends on what sony does with the general idea.. they could for example lower the price tag of the ps3.. or offer a lower cost bundle.. who knows.

Or it could just end up being a mess and not worth it.. how ever i like the concept

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks good, Oh wait this is a rumour

*walks away*

Edit: I read a source else where, it may be real. I highly doubt developers will be risking for a multi support game requiring both hardware. Acting as a PS3 controller well work, don't expect developers to bring out games needing both vita and PS3.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is a very nifty feature that is... entirely pointless. Whoever has a PS3, already has a nice TV set to go with it. Whoever will buy the PS Vita, will buy it with an intent to use it as a portable gaming system, not a controller. Whoever buys $300-$400 controllers sh*ts money. I see it as a gimmick. A fun gimmick, but a gimmick none the less. Remember, "what does everything does everything mediocre" - they shouldn't be jamming features into the Vita too hard.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Foxi4 said:
This is a very nifty feature that is... entirely pointless. Whoever has a PS3, already has a nice TV set to go with it. Whoever will buy the PS Vita, will buy it with an intent to use it as a portable gaming system, not a controller. Whoever buys $300-$400 controllers sh*ts money. I see it as a gimmick. A fun gimmick, but a gimmick none the less. Remember, "what does everything does everything mediocre" - they shouldn't be jamming features into the Vita too hard.
It's just an improved version of Remote Play. Also, you're misinterpreting this as a major feature, it's really not. It's just a neat side feature for PS3 owners who occasionaly could use another controller. Or they have their PS3 hooked up to a shared TV and wants to play it while it's being used. Obviously they wouldn't buy it only as a controller (unless they're retarded), they'd buy it as a PSP and use this as a small bonus.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Foxi4 said:
If it's useless on the PS3 + Vita, it's useless on the Wii U.

Also, Vita isn't a controller only. It's still a handheld and you can use it everywhere you wants to use.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Maedhros said:
Foxi4 said:
If it's useless on the PS3 + Vita, it's useless on the Wii U.

Also, Vita isn't a controller only. It's still a handheld and you can use it everywhere you wants to use.
Actually it would be an even worse case scenario on the Wii U as the tablet cannot even be brought out.

PS3 owners would definitely benefit from this. But I have to say, getting the PS3 just because of this feature is quite dumb.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
Also aimed at others saying the same thing!

Developers won't specifically makes games that require both the PSV and PS3 as this would be incredibly stupid and a very poor marketing maneuver. Having additional features for PS3 games by using a PSV as your controller whilst playing will most likely and definitely be completely optional and not impact game play (multiplayer wise and singleplayer) in any way which would unbalance the mechanics of the game.

Having said that I can think of several things straight off the bat that the PSV could be used for in certain genre's of games.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
Slyakin said:

Developers won't specifically makes games that require both the PSV and PS3 as this would be incredibly stupid and a very poor marketing maneuver. Having additional features for PS3 games by using a PSV as your controller whilst playing will most likely and definitely be completely optional and not impact game play (multiplayer wise and singleplayer) in any way which would unbalance the mechanics of the game.

Having said that I can think of several things straight off the bat that the PSV could be used for in certain genre's of games.
Yes, but what I was saying is that Sony is not gonna use this as a "WiiU killer". More like another gimmick.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Slyakin said:
DarkWay said:
Slyakin said:

Yes, but what I was saying is that Sony is not gonna use this as a "WiiU killer". More like another gimmick.

Who called this a "WiiU killer?" Its clearly a side feature, its nice to have but its not like Sony will be declaring it as the most important single reason to buy a PSV.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a feature I was hoping the 3DS would have. I think it's a nice feature.

Although there may still be some hope for my wish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol