DERP!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm fairly new to the PSP scene so forgive me for all these questions...

What's the best way to go to convert my anime and tv shows into the PSP format?

I have tried PSP Video9 on the standard (368x208, 1500kbs) and anime settings, but I'm a little disapointed with the results - I'm guessing it's to do with the resolution being less than that of the PSP (480x272).

Now I know there's currently no way to play movies in the PSPs native resolution or encode video in the PMF format used for UMDs, however I did just notice this program called PSP Rez which allows the PSP to play back non standard resolutions. In the instructions (also on the page) they say the optimum setting is 368x208 which what I'm converting at using PSP Video9 currently and I can already play back fine with - is this a feature in Dark Alex's firmware or something? Anywho has anyone used PSP Rez and will it allow me to encode higher quality videos?

If not are there any other programs or settings people use to get higher quality video on their PSP. Streaming for example? Is that any good? It's not an area I've really looked into...

p.s Totally offtopic but what's the best program to convert PS1 games to the PSP format?

Thanks in advance (Again!)

Darkforce

DERP!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah cool! I tried it out though when I encode a show in 'MP4 PSP 480' and load it on my PSP the PSP won't let me play the file =(. Works fine on my PC though...

Any ideas? Had a look on the support forums and a couple of people have the same issue but I can't find the solution!

Oh and what's PMPModAVC all about? I installed it reading that if you have converted shows in the video folder of the PSP they will play using this prog but the program just goes to a black screen of text and I can't play anything? Going to the video menu on the PSP just gives me an 'unsupported data' message...?

unsure.gif

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
try to put the files in MP_ROOT/101ANV01 of your memory stick.

I used 3GP_Converter034 for MP4 AVC by luxering and it works fine, xvid4psp wont work for me under vista
frown.gif

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
I use PSP Movie Creator. It's an easy application that allows mpeg4 and h264 compression (the latter has smaller file sizes, up to 40% smaller in some cases with the same quality) and it transfers everything to your PSP automatically.
Here's the official website for some more info:
http://www.pqdvd.com/psp/
Sure it's software that costs money, but if you know your internets...
wink.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well PSP Movie creator and 3GP converter weren't all that: neither would convert to a 480x272 resolution. =(

Thankfully though I have managed to figure out xvid4PSP!!!!!!!!!!

Install PMPModAVC onto your PSP (a PMP player), then on your PC convert the choosen video to 'PMP AVC' using xvid4PSP, and place it in a directory called PSP/Videos on your PSP.

The quality is amazing, much better than the crappy 320x240 res vids! Yay, well I'm off to watch some Death Note. Cheers guys.

=)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up