PSP shutdown instead of Sleep

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Merritt, Oct 6, 2012.

Oct 6, 2012

PSP shutdown instead of Sleep by Merritt at 4:37 AM (2,284 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Merritt
    OP

Newcomer Merritt Member

Canada
    Hi all,

I just got a PSP 3000 and installed CFW 6.20 PRO-C on it per the instructions on this forum :)

Everything is working fantastic, games are running great, homebrew works, etc.

Problem: Sleep function doesn't seem to work. Whether in the main interface, or a PSP game, etc. I tell it to sleep, screen shuts off, 10 secs later green light goes off. When I go to resume it boots from scratch (displaying the sony psp logo and all, going into the main interface). I am not holding the slide button too long, and this even happens if I leave the system long enough for it to auto-sleep.

I've tried checking various settings and Googling for a fair while, but the only real suggestion search has brought up is "You must be holding the button too long". I owned a PSP in the past, and it had CFW as well, I never had a problem using the sleep function.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, so thanks in advance!

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Disable all your plugins....any change? Boot into OFW....any change?

3. Merritt
    OP

Newcomer Merritt Member

Canada
    Thanks for the suggestions... I disabled all the plugins I could, had no effect. I'm afraid I don't know how to boot into OFW, and a quick google was not helpful.

Interestingly, from the main interface I pressed Select to bring up the advanced menu, and chose the option to "Suspend Device" and that also caused a shutdown needing a full boot.

4. xist

United Kingdom
    Hold down the select button when you power up.

5. Merritt
    OP

Newcomer Merritt Member

Canada
    Seems OFW does the same thing. I am sliding the power switch with just the quickest little flick, and yet it seems like that sends a shutdown signal instead of sleep, how odd..

6. xist

United Kingdom
    Which probably indicates a hardware issue.

7. Merritt
    OP

Newcomer Merritt Member

Canada
    Yeah, kind of afraid of that, since that is all I can think of as well...

Oh well, it's a shame, but at least my system still functions to actually play my games.. and as I recall I saw a plugin somewhere so you could save state them too! :)

Thanks for your help xist, I really appreciate it!

8. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Merritt - you can use the VSH menu to enter Sleep Mode. Click SELECT for it to show up, then select SUSPEND DEVICE. This should work perfectly fine despite your apparent hardware issue. Unfortunately, you can't do that in-game unless you find a plugin with such functionality (PSP Power Controller, perhaps? It allows you to create button shortcuts for hardware functions).

You could also try re-installing the OFW and CFW, but that's going the extra mile.

9. Merritt
    OP

Newcomer Merritt Member

Canada
    Hi Foxi, I did try selecting Suspend Device from the main interface, but upon switching the power it did a full boot again. Thanks for the suggestion!

10. Merritt
    OP

Newcomer Merritt Member

Canada
    Huh, super weird now. I found PSPStates to save state, and it apparently goes briefly into sleep mode to perform the save state... when I tried to use it, the screen went black for about 10 seconds then it was rebooting the console!

Ahh just my luck to get a lemon, c'est la vie!

11. Merritt
    OP

Newcomer Merritt Member

Canada
    If anyone has another suggestion for a work-around (ie, being able to pause or insta save or whatever my game, for games that have save points few and far between) that would be great. :)

12. habababa

Newcomer habababa Advanced Member

Philippines
    cheatmaster fusion has real-time save.crashes on my go everytime i try to load a state or whem i accidentally press x on the dictionary.might work on your 3k though.
    you could also try satellite_game and hold plugin.pause the game with satellite then toggle hold.

13. Merritt
    OP

Newcomer Merritt Member

Canada
    It seems as though the card reader in my computer has broken, so I have no way of loading new files on to my PSP at the moment.
    Once I get that working again I'll give CheatMaster Fusion a try, thanks! :)

14. Merritt
    OP

Newcomer Merritt Member

Canada
    I got a Mini USB cable, and tried out CheatMaster Fusion.. unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

Foxi had suggested reinstalled OFW and CFW to attempt a fix, so I am backing up all my games etc onto my computer, if anyone knows of a guide online or something of how I should do this? Thanks!

15. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan

16. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    I believe Rydian has a guide on Softmodding. The fact that you can't enter Sleep Mode neither via hardware nor via software means points at a corrupt firmware in my opinion, but do check for a second opinion.

EDIT: Ninja'd! :ninja:

1 person likes this.
  17. Merritt
    OP

Newcomer Merritt Member

Canada
    Hmm.. I uninstalled the CFW, re-downloaded the official 6.20 from the link in Rydian's guide, but when I try to launch the 6.20 update to reinstall it, it just says "The system software of your PSP system is version 6.20. There is no need to update."

So how shall I force it to reinstall the OFW? :)

18. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    I believe that the latest Hellcat's Recovery Flasher has the option to force reflashing (provided you have the firmware file), but it would be best if you posted that question in the Softmod thread as well - perhaps there's a newer method that flew over my head. ;)