PSP Phat vs. PSP Slim battery

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Gerinych, Aug 30, 2009.

Aug 30, 2009

PSP Phat vs. PSP Slim battery by Gerinych at 10:21 PM (1,264 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Gerinych
    OP

Member Gerinych GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Well, I hacked my PSP Phat by hardmodding my battery. Since I had only one battery, I had to buy another one. Apparently, I got a Slim version. From what I know, there are only two designs - one for all models, and one for Slim. I compared the two batteries and it looks like there's two things that are different - PSP Phat's current(current?) is 1800mAh and PSP Slim's is 1200mAh. Other than that, the right leg of PSP Slim battery is a little longer than PSP Phat's, which is not a really cofmortable fit, but that can be fixed.

I stuck it in the PSP and it looks like it's working, since the battery icon is blinking, like it's charging.
    One other thing to mention is that my new battery could be fake.

So...do you think it would work on my PSP Phat without problems?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Just format your MS using Rain's IPL tool and inject the TM IPL. Then use your original Phat, and now Pandora'd battery. Problem solved, Crisis averted (and short battery life with a Slim battery which isn't recommended for use in a Phat console).

3. Gerinych
    OP

Canada
    Uhh... I already hacked my PSP, I have custom firmware installed.

I was just wondering if there are any side effects from using a Slim battery on a Phat other that the short battery life.

4. xist

United Kingdom
    So which part of my post actually talked about hacking a PSP and installing CFW? And aside from the fact that it could fall out at any second (which would be bad if it was ever writing to flash or the MS) then apart from turn offs then no.

You're kicking yourself in the face if you don't take the advice i gave in my first post though.

5. Gerinych
    OP

Canada
    No, it's just that you told me to make a MMS and use a Phat battery. I'm kinda afraid of using my Phat battery because I set it on fire a few times, and it worked afterwards, anyway.

6. L_o_N_e_R

Member L_o_N_e_R GBAtemp Fan

United States

.....what?..... it caught on fire?....

just get a new battery and throw away the other one

of course if you want to not get one and risk burning yourself do what the other guy said to do

7. Gerinych
    OP

Canada
    I'll try returning my new battery and get a Phat one instead. I'll keep the old one though, it might be unsafe, but it gets the job done.

8. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    Generally, the rule of thumb with amperes is that you are safer running at a higher amperage than a lower one. Seeing as the differences between the two batteries is substantial but not big enough to make an immediate difference, you risk long term damage to the PSP. Overheating, power circuitry, it could be anything. I reccommend you stick with the right battery for your model :-)

9. xist

United Kingdom
    I didn't tell you to make a MMS i said inject the TM IPL.....

10. issy12

Member issy12 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    trust me listen to xist