PSP or NDSL

pgfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a psp, i got a NDSL for x-mas... I wanted it, and now I will give my psp to my bro...

Or I am thinking I might return the NDSL and get another psp for myself...

I am assuming people here would suggest to keep the NDSL... give me reasons why.

I just kept looking on the internet at its games and they are ALL 'kiddy' it seems

opinions?

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has very good mature games
Hotel Dusk, Dementium, ect and a much longer battery life....and some great touchscreen homebrew the PSP can't touch

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Also, DS has some kickass games IMO, even if people do think that they're "kiddy".

Tbh, the only reason people think games are "kiddy" is because they arn't full of OMGWTFGORE like most of the titles they play.

The Phoenix Wright series is great, and is one of the main reasons I got a DS.

If you do like gore, there is a port of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (with WiFi).

Super Princess Peach really surprised me, and although might be labled as a "kiddy" game, it was really enjoyable.

pgfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"and some great touchscreen homebrew the PSP can't touch"
like what??

also, I'm not referring to gore as mature games... how about games that arent mostly little kids and all that? And I saw some videos on gametrailers of pheonix wright and some other lawyer/detective game, looks pretty neat!

FF 12 apparently has kids as the characters

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
get whatever makes you happy. if you're happy with the psp then get another one for yourself and return the dslite. the ndsl has a large number of kiddie games, and a handful of what you would call mature titles.

ndsl will invite you to some new games and genres, whereas with the PSP you get tried and tested, quality titles. it has better homebrew, depending on what you're looking for, and better emulation than the ndsl.

if you're bored with traditional gaming then the ndsl is worth a shot, it's a riskier proposition with the ndsl, as you're not sure how you'll react to some of the gaming innovations, and new genres. The PSP is the safer option if you want to play titles you know and trust.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like what??

also, I'm not referring to gore as mature games... how about games that arent mostly little kids and all that? And I saw some videos on gametrailers of pheonix wright and some other lawyer/detective game, looks pretty neat!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=69626

Well, the ones I mentioned are mature and the first one doesn't have any gore - the second is a survival shooter

pgfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you're bored with traditional gaming then the ndsl is worth a shot, it's a riskier proposition with the ndsl, as you're not sure how you'll react to some of the gaming innovations, and new genres. The PSP is the safer option if you want to play titles you know and trust.

This is such a hard choice

unsure.gif

waiting to read more opinions

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
like what??

!
they show them as kids and its the game's type. they are near 18, if you play its predecessor, FF XII you'll see.

IMO, you dont seem to be a DS fan, dont bother that much if you are happy with your PSP, majority of DS games are and will be like these games you've already seen.

IMO, Decide based on the games you like, If you are more a PlayStation2 fan, PSP is your best shot plus you have GBA support there if you temped with Nintendo games at some time. If you are NES/SNES/GC/Wii fan, you'll find yourself more in love with DS.

pgfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
like what??

!
they show them as kids and its the game's type. they are near 18, if you play its predecessor, FF XII you'll see.

IMO, you dont seem to be a DS fan, dont bother that much if you are happy with your PSP, majority of DS games are and will be like these games you've already seen.

IMO, Decide based on the games you like, If you are more a PlayStation2 fan, PSP is your best shot plus you have GBA support there if you temped with Nintendo games at some time. If you are NES/SNES/GC/Wii fan, you'll find yourself more in love with DS.

I am actually looking for reasons to keep the DS lol.

I might end up keeping it... I will still be able to use my psp whenever my bro comes home.

I went on IGN and looked at games rated 7 and above.... there are some cool ones.... front mission, dragon quest, FF, mega man, contra, worms, mana series
i'm feeling better about the DS slowly lol

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Mario Kart DS
2. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
3. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
4. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
5. New Super Mario Bros.
6. Meteos
7. Planet Puzzle League
8. Kirby: Canvas Curse
9. Elite Beat Agents
10. Tetris DS

These are VERY good games.

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PSP and DS. Like all things, each has its ups and downs. They're both great systems. They truly are.

However topics like this one are terrible. (no offense mates but I must tell the truth here.)

Usually they are started by an alt, or a new user (as in this case), and its usually for the purpose of causing trouble. There should be an outright ban on all topics like this one as they only end in a nerd pissing match.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Similar to the ps2 vs Xbox debate. Xbox had alot more power than the Ps2, but the Ps2 had much better games. Same here, Psp has a huge amount of processing power, DS as a lot better games. Depends on what you want to use it for. If you want a portable Media center go for your psp, if you want a portable system built for the sole reason of gaming, keep the DS.
Games are meant to be fun, so it doesn't matter if they are kiddy or not. If its fun, its fun.

Cactuar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd go with the DS. It might seem kiddy and simple at first glance but I think once you get into it you'll be able to appreciate how fun and unique the DS is. My DS is the only system I play everyday, my PS2 sees some action on the weekend sometimes.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Similar to the ps2 vs Xbox debate. Xbox had alot more power than the Ps2, but the Ps2 had much better games. Same here, Psp has a huge amount of processing power, DS as a lot better games. Depends on what you want to use it for. If you want a portable Media center go for your psp, if you want a portable system built for the sole reason of gaming, keep the DS.
Games are meant to be fun, so it doesn't matter if they are kiddy or not. If its fun, its fun.

It seems you are forgetting the HUGE library of brilliant PS1 games available for a price off PSN or for free if you have a CFW.
The DSL is a great handheld but as great as its games are, it can't possibly trump years of great games playable on your PSP with an emulator.
Sure the DS has emulators but none of them as good as the PSP's.

If you're talking about a regular PSP with no CFW then don't get it.
PSP games suck bawlz.
For the short time I had a PSP I made sure to try almost every single game available and I found that I only like a few.
I spend the remaining time just playing brilliant PS1 classics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.