PSP or iPod touch?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by antonkan, Aug 20, 2009.

?

Which is the best?

1. PSP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. iPod touch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Aug 20, 2009

PSP or iPod touch? by antonkan at 6:56 PM (1,574 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. antonkan
    OP

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I'm planning to buy PSP or iPod touch for my birthday (December 1). So I created a poll in which PSP or iPod touch is the best. But here's a few comparions: PSP have a flash-based web broswer and iPod touch does not. PSP had more games than iPod touch. iPod touch has more non-gaming applications than PSP.

So which is best?

2. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    is it iphone or ipod touch, are you going to play iso or umd in the psp?, what psp are you getting?, what did you want to use it for?

3. antonkan
    OP

Canada
    [*]Well, iPod touch is the same as the iPhone but the lack of mobile phone capabilities. [*]Yes.[*]I'll get PSP-1000, PSP-2000 or PSP-3000 (which are hackable) as my topic will be winning the PSP via the votes. I don't want to buy PSP Go! becuase it's expensive and the lack of UMD drives.

4. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    I'd say gor for the PSP. iPod's are annoying because you have to pay for updates and it's hard to play games on it. If you're only interested in listening to music though, then I'd say go for the iPod.

5. vergilite

Member vergilite GBATemps Regular Clown

United Kingdom
    deffo the psp its just a great handheld although [​IMG] is better [​IMG]
    then you can pick up a monster hunter unite and come questing, believe me you will love monster hunter (one of the best handheld games iv ever played)

6. antonkan
    OP

Canada
    I don't like that game. For the PSP, I will get Puyo Puyo 15 Anniversary/7, Space Invaders Extreme, a few Luxor games and others.

7. Eternal Myst

Member Eternal Myst Back from the Myst.

United States
    PSP hack it.Play Crisis Core, and some other badass games, and don't forget theres a wave of amazing titles coming to the psp.

8. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Do you want a gaming hand held system or a multi-purpose PMP?

I have both and I like both of them for different reasons.

The iPod Touch is great for web browsing, even without Flash, at least it has some basic Java support. As much as I hate iTunes, I like it for the ability to update and sync podcasts. It also has much better YouTube support.

The PSP is a GAMING hand held. It does what it's meant to do the best. I've been playing Monster Hunter Freedom Unite almost non-stop. I've logged 200 hours into that game. Also, it's pretty exciting that new games and services are coming out for it.

9. DsHacker14

Member DsHacker14 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would get a Iphone over a PSP because I already have a PSP... But in your case you have neither so I recommend you getting a PSP then hacking it to play awesome games and homebrew. But if you'd rather play casual games and listen to music get an iPhone.

10. CheatingSoi

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    I would suggest a PSP Go Only, I actually like games for iPod better than PSP but the PSP Go's slim factor reels me in enough to want it. The iPod/iPhone is great because its just a stand alone devise that you can use as a phone and have all your music and an app for everything. You can easilty get the 3.0 update for free and then jailbreak it to get apps for free and custom themes. Yeah you can do that stuff with the PSP but after a while of playing it, i just get bored of it.

11. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    If you want to buy a "gaming" (lololololol) PDA that has more shovelware than ds and wii combined, go for the ipod touch. It's portable wifi is nice, but I don't want to surf the next on such a small screen. The app selection may be nice, but as I have mentioned, the ratio of good apps and useless apps are incredible. Oh, and it's music playback is quite nice, though having to use a program to upload songs onto it isn't a thing I enjoy at the very least.

If you want typical Sony bullshit, with terrible media playback, mediocre at best internet browser, and a very few number of good games, go for a psp. After owning it for 4 months, the games it offer are incredibly limited. However, it has some excellent emulators that work quite well. Besides the emulators and those few good games, I'm not terribly happy with my purchase.

Depends on what you want. If you want a proper mp3 player with a few decent time killers, go for an ipod touch.
    If you missed out on years and years of gaming, but don't need an mp3 player, go for a psp. Oh, and psp has games too.

12. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    As a warning: the PSP's browser sucks. iPod touch has probably the best handheld web browser that I've seen. (maybe not the fastest but the most enjoyable to use)

And as others have mentioned, dont expect to do much gaming on the iPod.

13. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    If you want gaming, the choice is clear.

Get an ipod if you want music and other time to waste I guess.

Also, that other guy who said you have to pay for fw updates, you don't if you do a simple google search.

14. benjaminlibl

Member benjaminlibl Funky Member

Singapore
    So not worth it.

15. antonkan
    OP

Canada
    I just saw my topic's poll, and PSP wins. I'll get a PSP for my birthday gift! [​IMG]

16. Vennie

Newcomer Vennie Member

Australia
    with a whole lotta games coming to the psp, like little big planet and metal gear solid...get one [​IMG]

17. zuron7

Member zuron7 RBYG

India
    The PSP cos you can play music
    and vids on it and play games.

18. Ruud91

Newcomer Ruud91 Advanced Member

Netherlands
    if you want the great line-up of psp games that are coming take the psp and hack it.

if you want a media player with computer and all stuff you can imagine on a computer get an iPod Touch and JAILBREAK it otherwise the thing is nothing [​IMG] plus there are some really awesome nice looking games on it but the psp is still better [​IMG] (ow and there is a new generation ipod touch coming in september that is faster and haz camera and stuff

so you decide XD