PSP "Noob" help

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Danny Tanner, Jan 15, 2010.

Jan 15, 2010

PSP "Noob" help by Danny Tanner at 11:17 PM (841 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Danny Tanner
    OP

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I put "Noob" in quotation marks because after a day and a half of searching here and google, I still can't find an answer I am satisfied with. There's only so many combination you can make of relevant words for search engines, and a lot of information that comes back is old.

I want to buy a PSP slim, probably a used or refurbished one. As I understand it, some PSP slim models were unhackable for some time. My quick question is this: At this point, can you install CFW on all PSP 2000 models, or are there still some unhackable motherboards?

Thanks in advance. Again sorry for a question that is probably common knowledge, but nearly every tutorial I find has been written a year or more ago.

2. Supersonicmonk

Member Supersonicmonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm also thinking of buying a PSP off ebay and from what I've read certain PSP 2000's have the new motherboards and can only use a tethered hack meaning you have to reinstall the CFW every time you turn it on and off. You may be able to replace the motherboard with an older one I'm not sure

3. Danny Tanner
    OP

United States
    Geez, that sounds like a pain lol. I really wanted the extra RAM the slim provides, but I want to make sure I'll be able to hack it, and if I get a refurbished one, there's no guarantee of which motherboard I will get. Decision, decisions, the price difference is only 20USD but I want to get use out of whatever I do end up purchasing!

4. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    TA-088 are the ones you reportedly can't keep the CFW for good due to not being able to keep the flash, without the tether support of 5.03,etc.

Buy a red god of war, dark vader blk/blue PSP-2000 value pack, should be hackable.

http://www.amazon.com/PSP-God-War-Entertai...9214&sr=8-2

So, in noob terms.

PSP-1000 hackable
    PSP-2000 TA-082, etc. Hackable 5.50GENd3, 5.00M33-6, etc.
    PSP-3000 Tether hackable 5.03 GEN etc.
    PSP-Go no go.

Wynd

Posts merged

I've had my god of war since around summer 2008, and no problems, even used a pandora battery (made it myself from my old PHAT PSP) to hack it. EASY!

Wynd

5. Danny Tanner
    OP

United States
    Great thank you wyndcrosser, I appreciate it greatly! [​IMG]

6. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    The TA-082 is a PSP 1000. Slims started with the TA-085.

7. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    To be correct, watch out for TA-088v3.

v2 and v1 are A-OK.

8. Danny Tanner
    OP

United States
    Thank you guys for the info, I just have one last question. Does the extra RAM really come in handy? Are there homebrew that need to have, or run better with this extra RAM? I did a quick check of the GBA and SNES emulator's pages, and they didn't seem to discriminate between systems, but will I find myself regretting it if I get the 1000 model?