Psp Help w/ MS??

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Jalila13, Jun 8, 2011.

Jun 8, 2011

Psp Help w/ MS?? by Jalila13 at 9:29 PM (369 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Jalila13
    OP

Newcomer Jalila13 Advanced Member

United States
    I have a PSP 1001 w/ 6.20 pro-b5 downloaded on a 2gb micro sd card inserted into an adapter w/ 8 games on it. Can I take the MS out and put in a new 2gb micro sd and keep switching them or will I somehow..... *gulp* brick my psp.....? Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    I'm assuming that you refer to the micro SD to MS Pro Duo adapter.

no, exchanging the micro SD cards won't brick your psp because it's not rewriting the psp's flash.

It's just impossible, so don't worry. I don't know about data (in the micro SD card) loss though.

3. Jalila13
    OP

Newcomer Jalila13 Advanced Member

United States
    DO I need to download 6.20 pro-b5 on every micro sd I buy or since its downloaded just add games or homebrew to iso file?

4. subcon959

Member subcon959 teh retro

United Kingdom
    Make sure the light isn't flashing when you remove it otherwise it might corrupt the data.

EDIT: If you apply the permanent patch then you don't need the files on each memory card.

5. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    you don't need to put 6.20 pro-b5 on every Memory Stick; just add games or homebrews, since 6.20 pro-b writes on the psp's flash. In other words, the hack is installed in the psp itself.

If you're loading 6.20 pro-b by using fast recovery hb, then you'll also need that in your MS. If you have the permanent patch installed, it will load into 6.20 pro-b5 on any memory stick you use.