PSP hack update?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Mishioshu, May 24, 2013.

1. Mishioshu
    OP

Mishioshu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Canada
    I really would love to know how to update my hacked PSP to the latest.
    I had a friend's friend hack it for me and I didn't exactly watch him do it all but I know what kind of hack I am using.
    It's a 639 PRO-B Fast Recovery program? and I would love to know if there is a chance that I can update that program to the latest and perhaps have some nice easy steps to help me through it because I am a retard when it comes to tinkering with consoles (home or handheld)

2. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States
  3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It would be nice if you told us what model of the PSP you have and which Data Code (can be found in the battery compartment, next to the serial number) it has if it's a PSP-2000 so that we may choose the best OFW and CFW for you.

I'm guessing it's post-cIPL though since you're on 6.39 and you're using Fast Recovery. The easiest way to update your system is to follow Rydian's guide which can be found here.

PRO CFW is easily installable and it's hard to make a mistake if you follow Rydian's instructions step-by-step. In case of doubt, feel free to post questions.

4. Mishioshu
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Canada
    My PSP is a 3000 with the firmware at 6.39

5. Mishioshu
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Canada
    I have a question.
    I got the 6.60 PRO installer but it doesn't show any folder but an installer. what should I do with it?

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Did you update to Sony's OFW to 6.60? Because if not, you should download the 6.39 version of the CFW. The differences between the two are negligable so you might as well save yourself some time and do that.

As for the update, the zipped/rared file should have at least two folders in it - FastRecovery and PROUpdate. Put both in x:\PSP\GAME\ folder on your memory stick.

7. Mishioshu
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Canada
    Never mind, I got it working!
    Thank you very much for your help :)

8. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009