PSP Go keeps resetting

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by BenRK, Jul 18, 2013.

1. BenRK
    OP

BenRK GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    So yeah, my PSP Go keeps resetting at the most inconvenient times. No idea what's going on. It happens when the system is closed, it happens when it's open. It happens when I leave it alone, it happens when I'm playing a game (and let me say, in game system resets are the most annoying for obvious reasons). Does anyone have ANY idea what's going on?

It was soft modded, but as I never used anything the mod provided, I removed it, or so I thought.

2. Xarsah16

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    I have this same issue with a PSP 3000 on CFW 6.60 pro B. I think. Do you mean by resetting, the system crashing and actually rebooting itself? Or just the crash? Mine just randomly shuts off when I least expect it- in game, sleep mode, and on the menu at full charge.

You could be having a battery issue. I might be as well but I still have not gotten around to ordering a new battery. If you can get a new battery, you should test the system with it and see what happens.

3. BenRK
    OP

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    I assume it's crashing, but it always resets it self. I've tried reformatting and it SEEMS to be working again, but I'm cautious as heck about it right now.

4. Xarsah16

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule

I would continue to monitor, and please post back if you have any further issues :)

Worst case scenario - it would be somewhat costly if you are not under warranty, but if you back up your games and completely reformat your PSP to ensure you removed every trace possible of any CFW you had (if you haven't already, not sure if you did a full reformat). Call Sony, and perhaps send your Go in for service, explaining the issue. They can diagnose problems and service if necessary.

Cheaper option - buy a new battery as I mentioned above if problems persist.

Let us know how that works.

5. macmanhigh

macmanhigh THC = Truly High Caliber

Banned
    Mar 29, 2012
    United States
    BuddsVille,CA
    Might u have any Plugins installed/running???

I had a problem with my 3001 shutting down and/or resetting seems i had a incompatible CXMB Theme Plugin........

6. Xarsah16

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    All I have on mine plugin wise is CWCheat, and I highly doubt that would do it. My theme works with OFW, so I highly doubt it's that too.

7. gazsweet

gazsweet Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2013
    MINE TOO

8. BenRK
    OP

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    Nnnnnope! Even if I fully shut down the PSP, it will sometimes turn it self back on and do that fun restarting stuff. Dandy...

9. Xarsah16

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    Did you buy a new battery?

Also, are you perhaps a pony fan? It could be just me, but I thought I heard Big Macintosh there. XD

10. BenRK
    OP

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    I should slap you, but eh... No, I am not a pony fan... Never fricken ask me about that again.

I don't have a new battery for it. Where can I get one?

11. Xarsah16

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    Jeez! Sorry! Sorry! Don't need to jump all over me. He just says Nnnnope! just like the way you did.

Anywhere, really. Gamestop may still have them,
    Amazon has one here http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007V46I4
    and you can find them on any trusted site that still sells PSP accessories.