Hardware PSP Go issue

Deuces

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a PSP Go with a strange problem. (strange as in , i can't find anything on the www about it)

I can turn it on and when turned on i only get a white screen.

Now , the brightness still works as you can switch between the 3 brightness levels.
Also the menu still works as you can hear the clicking sound of the menu.
Offcourse it's impossible to select anything because i can't see what i'm doing.

Already partially disassembled it but can't find anything that isn't in place like connectors .

Anyone has an idea on what this could be ?

(i called the PS3 service line in my country and they offered to replace it with a refurbished one for 50 euros = 70 ish dollar , but i rather see mine fixed becaue i have a full body Zagg invisible shield on it)

It looks like this :

IMAG0307.jpg

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you watched the PSP Go teardown/screen replacement video and cross referenced with your Go? Because it certainly looks like a poor screen connection. Did you drop it or something?

Deuces

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well , i found a picture tutotial for disassembling and had a look inside with it but couldn't find anything that wasn't how it should be.

And no , i never ever dropped it or even bumped it against anything.

Coolguy7c

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you can't seem to find the problem. You may be pleased to know that replacement screens for the psp go are like 20 bucks on ebay and amazon. I'd say try to replace the screen instead of getting a replacement. That way you can get beast points from fixing your psp with your friends. Fixing your own stuff is cool. B-)

Deuces

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well yeah , if i was sure the screen was broken i would try that , already fixed a few smartphones.

But if the screen was broken , wouldn't it be black then instead of white.
And since the brightness control still works (3 levels of brightness) , i assume it isn't the screen itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-