PSP Go is Dead

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like anyone didn't expect this. You know who's into all downloadable content? PC gamers.
Besides, PSN's really, really slow for game downloading. This was a stupid idea.
EDIT: Aww yeah, 500 posts.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
[sarcasm]Go!Go! PSP! Go!Go!
hrth.gif
[/sarcasm]
Lol. PSP Go! is with Virtual Boy now!
rofl.gif

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what they were thinking with regard to the PSP Go.

Having played both the phat and Slim PSP's, about the few niggles I had with using the device were that the analog 'nub' felt cheap, and that there was only one of them (instead of two to better suit the majority of games made for it).

It's like with the PSP go, it took that niggle, and made everything else about using the PSP worse to make that look good by comparison. The buttons and d-pad on the Go feel like something that should be on a cheap chinese knock-off copy of the handheld, but instead are put on one that cost(ed) another $100 above what a base PSP would cost. With it being download-only, you were also at the mercy of Sony as to whether the games YOU wanted to play were available, and because of the download model that Sony gloriously screwed up, there was no way to trade in games, or to take advantage of any deals. And with no way of transferring your own UMD games into digital versions for the PSP Go, you were basically being told to "Go f*ck yourself!"

Finally, the fact that the PSP Go requires its own proprietary memory stick format compared to what was already being used with the regular PSP (for no apparent reason), just further cemented how stupid Sony's abortion of a handheld was.

QUOTE said:
PSP GO is now a collectors edition item. Pick them up before the price skyrockets.
That would imply that the PSP Go was actually something people would want, much less PSP gamers.

The quandary for me is that, even at the highest point where I did want a PSP of some model or another, none of the games I specifically wanted for it were available for the PSP Go. So I'd have been spending MORE money to be able to play LESS games, at HIGHER prices.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
@ Codezer0: You obviously know NOTHING to say things like that. You don't understand the consumer market at all...

@ ShinyLatios: Go for it! They are getting valuable and I am sure you'll enjoy it. I know I enjoy mine.

Sidenote: After playing DJ Max series since the first game, on my 1000, 2000, 3000, and Go, the Go's buttons are the most responsive and easiest to use. =) Black Square's Tour stands no chance against me now!

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
@ Codezer0: You obviously know NOTHING to say things like that. You don't understand the consumer market at all...

@ ShinyLatios: Go for it! They are getting valuable and I am sure you'll enjoy it. I know I enjoy mine.

Sidenote: After playing DJ Max series since the first game, on my 1000, 2000, 3000, and Go, the Go's buttons are the most responsive and easiest to use. =) Black Square's Tour stands no chance against me now!
Excuse me?

The thing was (still is) more expensive than the standard PSP.

Because it's download-only, you can't take advantage of being able to borrow, trade, or take advantage of used UMD game deals and movies on UMD (now that they finally got them at a decent price). It also means you're at Sony's mercy as to what games you can play on it. And in my case, none of the games that I at one point or another wanted a PSP for, are available for download.

The d-pad and action buttons on a Go are awful compared to the standard PSP. It literally feels like a chinese knock-off. And the shoulder buttons are so thin and tiny, and positioned in a way to guarantee hand cramps compared to any other handheld I've ever played.

Why in god's name would anyone want a PSP go? It failed by design... or was it simply designed to fail? Don't know, don't care.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.