PSP Go can be hacked

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Link5084, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2009

PSP Go can be hacked by Link5084 at 2:54 PM (934 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States

Yep, you read that right folks. Mere days after its launch and somebody's already hacked the PSP Go. Hold your horses, though! There are a few caveats.

The one responsible for this hack is FreePlay, who you may know for his work on the Sparta SDK and his recent run-ins with Team Mack. Before you go out an buy a Go thinking it's wide open to homebrew, here are a few disclaimers from the dev:

* This was a known exploit that was abandoned because better prospects came along. I did not discover it; I just figured out how to make it work properly. Better hackers than I likely figured it out way before I did; they just never used it for anything I know of.
    * I won't be releasing this or divulging the name of the game involved. It's a proof-of-concept, and it may become more developed privately, but until there's a worthwhile reason to release it it'll stay private. I'd prefer that Sony not patch it before it becomes really useful.
    * It's user-mode only, meaning no flash modification, no piracy, no advanced custom themes, no plugins - none of that. I wouldn't expect anything else to come from it, unless I get some help.

There's no telling if this exploit will eventually be made public, but at least now we have definite proof that the Go isn't homebrew-proof after all. Kudos to FreePlay for a job well done (also, thanks for telling us about it)!

Found this on Youtube

2. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Um this has been on the front page for DAYS lol

But thanks for letting all the hackers know! [​IMG]

:facepalm:

3. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    The PSP Go is unlikely to have a Pandora-based exploit ever. Sony fixed the (hardware) signature checking bug a while ago. That's why battery-related exploits don't work on all the new PSPs.

Misleading title.

4. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Misleaing title. And besides that info has been on the FRONT PAGE for DAYS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.