PSP freaking out.

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by epicCreations.or, May 26, 2011.

May 26, 2011

PSP freaking out. by epicCreations.or at 6:49 AM (944 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. epicCreations.or
    OP

Member epicCreations.or GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I got this used PSP1K for $50, and I have a feeling that the reason it was being sold was because it was defective. The volume buttons, as well as the home button and I THINK the mute button, all will randomly toggle on their own, rapidly. The Memory Stick will also randomly connect and disconnect on it's own. I'm not really sure what to do in this situation.

What I've tried:
    1. Pulling the battery.
    2. On and off.
    3. Standby.
    4. Removing the memory stick and reinserting (several times).

all of these pull null results, with it simply resuming where it left off. can anyone help a brotha out? [​IMG]
    (running 6.20 PRO-B5, if anyone is wondering, although since I got it at 6.31 (upgdating to 6.38 and downgrading back) it has been doing this as well)

EDIT: Dammit, it keeps asking if I want to quit a game while trying to play, scrambling and hyperspeeding my movement controls, and I can't even use USB Connection because of it rapidly quitting.

2. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    Um what is you iso boot mode(ya know like m33 driver). MY psp 1k acts funny if i have the boot mode as normal and I open the disk door funily like yours acts.

3. epicCreations.or
    OP

United States

4. Nobunaga

Member Nobunaga Empty

Greece
    Try to format your PSP Memory Stick.
    If you still have problems try to update to 6.39 and download Signed OFW games.

5. epicCreations.or
    OP

United States
    I've formatted several times, and I'm unwilling to update to OFW after tasting ISOs, PSX emulation and N64 emulation [​IMG]

Also, it happened in OFW as well so I'm not sure what that would accomplish, other than more inconvenience.

UPDATE ON DAEDALUSX64: I cannot hit any button during emulation or it will bring me to the "paused" menu. I'm imagining that it is combining "home button" with each button press.

6. FlashX007

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Either get somebody to repair it or just accept that you bought a bad PSP.

7. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    From a reply in another topic...

Replace the word registering with misfiring or something similar.