OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
mascot.gif
PSP Firmware Update 6.30
Update for the PSP
pspfirmware.png

Sony has released a firmware update for the PSP, bringing it to 6.30. You need 31MB to install this update. The update will prevent the Patapon 2 demo exploit and HBL from working. There are also reports that the update blocks Datel's Action Replay and TiltFX.

QUOTE said:
The update brings PSN Plus support and also allows grouping content in the [Game] section of XMB by platform. The platforms are:
  • PSP (PSP games)
  • Minis (PSP/PS3 Minis)
  • PlayStation (PS1 classics)
  • PCEngine
  • NEOGEO

icon11.gif
Source
Contributed by SifJar

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MarioBrotha said:
I thought this update was for the new PSN Plus thing, not stopping homebrew

Smoke and mirrors, or whatever the saying is.

They entice with one feature to remove homebrew.

Anyway, I installed the update (I don't really care about PSP homebrew much TBH) and I see nothing to do with PSN Plus. And the folder organisation thing is crap, you still can't choose your own categories which would be far better.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't have a TiltFX myself (don't need an Action Replay either with CMF), but I hope that gets fixed, as TiltFX seems like a nice little add-on.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
all datal has to do is add cfw support for tiltfx
It should already work fine on CFW, it's an EBOOT that works on latest OFW and below, and as CFW are based on older OFW, it should work out of the box.

And I hope they fix it, it seemed kinda cool and I was thinking about getting one. Glad now that I waited
tongue.gif

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wondering if it's worth updating my PSP and losing CFW to use remote play with Ps3.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
It should already work fine on CFW, it's an EBOOT that works on latest OFW and below, and as CFW are based on older OFW, it should work out of the box.

Unfortunately none of Datel's PSP products support CFW. They load alright and you can view the game list etc. but the in game menu doesn't work on CFW. I'm sure that has annoyed some people who have tried the demo of the PSPAR/TiltFX out then purchased the full version only to have it not work. In my opinion Datel should prevent the demo from loading on CFW or clearly state that it won't work on CFW on their purchase page so people don't make the decision under the assumption that it will work.

I for one bought both the PSPAR and TiltFX and they are tied to a single PSP which happens to be my main CFW PSP so I haven't been able to use them very much. Of course I actually knew they couldn't work on CFW anyway before I bought or activated them though so that is my own fault.
tongue.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update on AR/TiltFX: I read over at Lan.st, Sony have blacklisted the hash of the EBOOTs, so Datel just need to change something (anything) in the EBOOTs, and regenerate a new hash with the changed contents, and it should work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: