Hardware PSP E1000 Battery Cable Pins Fix

dalekman9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I was trying to check up on the condition of my psp e1000 battery, not realizing the cable of the battery is soldered to the board. I was wondering if its possible to repair this. Thanks

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's not - you can unplug the battery (after removing the cover) by pulling the cables straight away from the motherboard!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
https://imgur.com/gallery/masCqIh Wish i had known earlier. None of what i had found mentioned that tbh but yeah uh. Any way to repair this at all ;-;
Ripped even the pads out... will be rather hard, you would need to find where the trace goes (assuming there even is some other exposed area for it), scratch off the paint, and solder a wire there (keeping in mind it's a relatively high power line, so area of the connection should be large enough)

ee if you're a pragmatist, probably not worth to fix, just buy another motherboard (rumor has it, according to wololo, a new permapatch or proper permanent cfw for all models, E1000 included, is coming)

Reactions: zfreeman

dalekman9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ripped even the pads out... will be rather hard, you would need to find where the trace goes (assuming there even is some other exposed area for it), scratch off the paint, and solder a wire there (keeping in mind it's a relatively high power line, so area of the connection should be large enough)

ee if you're a pragmatist, probably not worth to fix, just buy another motherboard (rumor has it, according to wololo, a new permapatch or proper permanent cfw for all models, E1000 included, is coming)

Thinkin of sending it away to get repaired, will cost 100 aussie dollarydoos tho.
Think its worth it to do?

dalekman9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zero, only screws and flip-top connectors (you may want to watch a disassembly video, those are the only good videoguides :D )
Sweet, Yeah i def will, gonna watch over them repeatedly before i even consider attempting it aha
What about the battery though, sine that was soldered in place isnt it.

Also looking around im coming across motherboards for the original 3 models,
But not for the E1000 / e1002

Last edited by dalekman9999,

dalekman9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh and also, No extra damage can come from using one right? (Would be my first time ordering a part like this so yeah im unsure if theres much of a difference between an OEM one and one from china)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: