PSP Custom Firmware "Open Idea" announced.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
Zer01ne, mainly known for MyCCF and some other plugins has announced something more interesting. A PSP CFW.

His "Project Open Idea" is to develop a cfw including ideas and suggestions of users from the PSP community. Project Open Idea is a community project which aims to expand the selection of custom firmwares by offering yet ANOTHER cfw to add to list of existing ones already.

Obviously, This is not a one day project and so he will continue the project until he finishes. But he also requests other developers to assist him in the development.

The developer has announced features such as:

QUOTE said:
Features already included in current cfw

Anti-Pirated ISO Security

It is an ambitious project and we all hope he succeeds.

Source (French)

My french does suck. I have tried to make it english understandable as possible so it is not a direct translation.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ohmy.gif
Well I hope he does well.

Then he will run into whining runts and blow off steam.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
beegee7730 said:
3000 support, anyone?
tongue.gif
I'm pretty sure there's not a single capable hacker except the good ol' DAX able to crack the preIPL out there.
The 3000 seems a lost cause nowadays. Which is a shame, since I'd love to buy one to upgrade from my fat PSP :|

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
raulpica said:
beegee7730 said:
3000 support, anyone?
tongue.gif
I'm pretty sure there's not a single capable hacker except the good ol' DAX able to crack the preIPL out there.
The 3000 seems a lost cause nowadays. Which is a shame, since I'd love to buy one to upgrade from my fat PSP :|
Cant he just make a temporary one like 5.03 GEN/M33

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rockstar said:
raulpica said:
beegee7730 said:
3000 support, anyone?
tongue.gif
Cant he just make a temporary one like 5.03 GEN/M33
I hate those things. I refuse to call them CFWs
dry.gif

I can't stand having to reset 4-5 times just to get ChickHEN right, then load this "temporary" thingy.

They should've just cracked the preIPL in the first place, instead of giving us something like that
tongue.gif

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
agreed and since old psp's are rare nowadays somewhere....
even i had to get stuck with a ta-088v3 motherboard -_-
it is a good idea to crack that motherboard because at this rate cfw is lost
blink.gif
for the people who got 088v3 and above (2k latest and 3k)

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raulpica said:
beegee7730 said:
3000 support, anyone?
tongue.gif

I wish people people would stop acting like DAX is a god of some kind, the are plenty of people that could do it out there, it is just most of them don't have the time / cant be bothered to do something like this because they have good jobs.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
UltraMagnus said:
raulpica said:
beegee7730 said:
3000 support, anyone?
tongue.gif

I wish people people would stop acting like DAX is a god of some kind, the are plenty of people that could do it out there, it is just most of them don't have the time / cant be bothered to do something like this because they have good jobs.
DAX is not a god. I was just stating he was the only one out there which had the persistence to do something like that.

Next time please don't read too much in what others write. Kthx.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
telecharges = download
ISO = ...iso
securite = security (obviously....)
contre = against

so if you put the together, it would be "One security against the ISO download"

I assume it will not allow you to play downloaded isos..

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My psp 1001 can't play disc anymore. If you can't play ISOs with it, what is the point of it? I bet this "Anti-Pirated ISO Security" blocks store ISOs bought from the psn has aside effect. SCREW NOT SO OPEN CFW! I'll be staying with GEN

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
My psp 1001 can't play disc anymore. If you can't play ISOs with it, what is the point of it? I bet this "Anti-Pirated ISO Security" blocks store ISOs bought from the psn has aside effect. SCREW NOT SO OPEN CFW! I'll be staying with GEN
You don't know what you're saying. PSN games don't come on .iso formart and people have been saying that "Anti-Pirated ISO Security" is just a mistranslation. Also no one made you change firmware.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
fgghjjkll said:
so if you put the together, it would be "One security against the ISO download"

I assume it will not allow you to play downloaded isos..
in fact, even in French it's still not very understandable.

"a security against downloaded ISO" sounds like it will prevent iso from booting (what is the purpose then? custom firmware only for homebrew maybe?)
or it could be a (bad) way of telling "bypassing the AP check".

I don't think it can detect downloaded against self-dumped iso, so they could have labeled it only "iso" instead of "downloaded iso".
I don't get the point here

Edit :
I read their forum regarding this news, it's indeed a way to prevent the custom firmware from booting iso, they think Sony would accept the firmware more easily (or something like that. it's not stated clearly).

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
They're making a point about CFW not being Piracy related. Not being able to play downloaded ISO's and only self dumped ones (via some form of random key creation on dump) is an expected thing at this point.

Kind of like Davee's refusal to craft an ISO Loader for ChickHEN.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn