psp custom firmware help plz

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by triclopzx, Jun 18, 2009.

Jun 18, 2009

psp custom firmware help plz by triclopzx at 4:44 AM (1,140 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. triclopzx
    OP

Newcomer triclopzx Advanced Member

Puerto Rico
    ok so i want to get the gameboy advance sp on my psp but im really lost. i just updated my psp to version 5.51 from the psp update menu. so its not custom firmware. now i dont get how to put custom firmware at all and if someone could help me itd be great. and is there a way to do it without the pandora battery? so basically im at the begginning from scratch and i have the fat psp. Thanks if u can hlep =D

2. Spawk

Newcomer Spawk Member

Canada
    AFAIK you cannot install custom FW from official 5.51... you will have to wait for a new exploit now!

3. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    why not?

just pick up a pandora battery for 10 bucks or less from dealextreme

make a magic mem stick

ie, follow all the stickies

4. purplesludge

Member purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

United States
    Depending on which psp you have you may need a pandora or to wait.

5. triclopzx
    OP

Puerto Rico
    i have the first psp the fat one

6. Spawk

Newcomer Spawk Member

Canada
    i don't think even a pandora will work, i believe the pre IPL loading has been patched in official FW past 5.03

7. purplesludge

Member purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

United States
    Nope only in special motherboards.

8. triclopzx
    OP

Puerto Rico
    ok so im super lost. can i downgrade n do all that stuff or not? and the current firmware is 5.51

9. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    Firmware doesn't matter its about your PSP motherobard, and all phats can be hacked. So just get a pandora battery.

10. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I think your only option is to buy a pandora's battery unless you know anyone with a psp with custom firmware or firmware 1.50 (you can softmod a pandoras battery this way)

11. Foxle

Member Foxle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There's a hack for the PSP known as the "Pandora Battery". I was the definitive solution until some later model PSP-2000 units, and the latest PSP-3000 model. These were recently hacked using an exploit in the 5.03 firmware version.

However, you have a PSP-1000, so none of this matters to you. All PSP-1000s (The fat PSP), can be hacked using the Pandora Battery trick. Basically, you purchase a special battery which once insert, allows your PSP to boot from a special developer mode. This mode bypasses the firmware currently installed on the PSP, and instead boots off of your memory stick. From there, it's trivial to install any version of firmware you want, including custom ones.

For further instructions, please search Google for guides on using the "Pandora Battery", they shouldn't be hard to find.

Now, before you start complaining about having to buy some piece of hardware, the Pandora Battery costs less than US$7 from Dealextreme.com. http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472 If you want a Pandora Battery which you can use as a regular PSP battery afterwards, then that's lessthan $10. http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15153 Hope that helps clear things up.

12. Holt

Newcomer Holt Member

Brazil
    as you have a fat one, you canuse Despertar del cemiterio v8 from dark alex and downgrade it.

13. triclopzx
    OP

Puerto Rico
    ok i will try the pandera battery thingy, thank you for the prompt response guy this is my first time modding a psp. I will keep you posted as soon as possible pn how it went.

Thank You