Hardware Psp Battery Problem

The_Dragons_Mast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
So yesterday I opened my psp after leaving it for a couple of months and It randomly shutdown after few minutes of playing while its battery is full . Normally I would just classify that as a dead battery but since i also just changed faceplate before playing and did some few mistakes while doing so I am afraid that i messed something inside my psp & I wont be able to get a new battery before tomorrow so I need some to assure me that this is only the battery to sleep well tonight.

So here is the symptoms:
1.The psp works well when the battery is removed and it is plugged to the charger.
2.When I insert the battery it show as fully charged but after a minute or two it lower to about 20% then shutdown but after leaving my psp untouched for a minute It works again and show that it is fully charged and do the same all over again.
3.When it is plugged to the charger and the battery is inserted it also randomly shut down.

So that is basically what is happening. Is that the battery or should i open my psp and check for something broken?

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I'm not sure.

1.The psp works well when the battery is removed and it is plugged to the charger.

This makes it sounds like the battery. But...

3.When it is plugged to the charger and the battery is inserted it also randomly shut down.

This makes it sound like the system. I'm sure what to tell you. If you buy a new battery don't pay too much for it. Some stores sell it for $45.00. Which is ridiculous. It's worth $30.00

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_0...r=1296619787061

The_Dragons_Mast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Bryon15 said:
Hmm... I'm not sure.

This makes it sounds like the battery. But...

This makes it sound like the system. I'm sure what to tell you. If you buy a new battery don't pay too much for it. Some stores sell it for $45.00. Which is ridiculous. It's worth $30.00

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_0...r=1296619787061

Well after seeing your post I opened it and discovered that some cable (not sure what it is for) isn't placed right so i fixed it & now my psp work well when plugged weather there is a battery or not but my battery still discharge after a few minutes so I guess it was both the battery and the system. I guess I have to get a new battery. Anyone knows a good site that sells high quality battery & have international shipping. I ordered the faceplate and the other broken parts for dealextreme but all they have there are very low quality batteries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello