OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I've got a lovely ds lite and am very happy with running homebrew and backup roms on it, but my wife wants to get a PSP. I've done a bit of reading around, but wanted to ask the gang here to clarify a few points for me.

We would like to
1) watch movies
2) play emulated snes/nes etc games
3) play backup psp isos
4) use homebrew apps
5) surf web

I know that I should make sure I get firmware

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) You need an original UMD game (not a UMD movie) if you're going to use devhook (to emulate 2.xx+) and it supports up to 2.71 right now so basically all games are compatible. Yes, other than that all you need is the psp and the big memory stick. Make sure the psp is not only 2.6 but a non-TA082 board so the downgrade is possible, things are being worked on right now to see why the Ta082 boards won't boot the 1.5 firmware after downgrading (aka bricking).

2) That's about correct, although the biggest most games really get is around 1.3-1.4 gigs. But you can always uses ciso to compress images to some point.

3) No idea, don't watch movies on psp, my opinion is that it's nice but still a waste of time, rather use my laptop. But there are nice converters right now that's pretty idiot proof to convert avis to the appropriate format for psp.

4) The official browser supported by firmware 2.5+ is sony's release. There is also a homebrew version that's not quite as good floating around, but emulating 2.5+ firmware with devhook will give you the browser.

5) Plenty of forums, read up.

forums.maxconsole.net under psp section
forums.qj.net under psp section
www.psp-hacks.com
www.ps2nfo.com

etc etc etc blah blah blah. Google if you have to. Good luck.

badger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. Thanks for the quick answers! I'll check those links. One more clarification: to downgrade from 2.6 to 1.5 firmware is it no longer necessary to use the GTA game?

Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...