PSP-3000 On Screen Keyboard not working?

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by BobWoggle, Apr 27, 2017.

1. BobWoggle
    OP

BobWoggle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    Canada
    Neither Here Nor There
    I just got a psp 3000 off ebay, and it has a weird problem with the keyboard. basically whenever I try to enter any text (console nickname, network password, in-game character naming, etc.) it doesn't pop up the keyboard. It'll just sit there no matter how much I press O (it's japanese and I haven't done any goofy cfw recovery menu stuff or anything)

Sometimes it'll flash the text-entry screen for a split second, but then it'll go away. I have no idea what might be wrong.

Also, in the home button menu (Do you want to quit the game? Y/N) the console doesn't seem to accept any inputs other than another press of the home button. Could faulty face button/dpad ribbon cables be causing my problem?

Last edited by BobWoggle, Apr 27, 2017
  2. BobWoggle
    OP

BobWoggle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    Canada
    Neither Here Nor There
    Nevermind, I figured out it was constantly detecting input on the start button, I've replaced the entire lower button bar with one from a parts console and now it works

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice