Hacking PSP 3000 motherboard/firmware

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
M2 cards are for the Go, Pro Duo cards are for every other model of PSP.

I recommend a Sandisk Pro Duo card. Less expensive than the Sony ones, and they work fantastically.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
M2 cards are for the Go, Pro Duo cards are for every other model of PSP.

I recommend a Sandisk Pro Duo card. Less expensive than the Sony ones, and they work fantastically.
Oh really.......hmmmmm. Good job I checked with you chaps then.
smile.gif
The online manual is for 'all' models and mentions both cards in passing.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the speedy response. I'm looking on Amazon and ebuyer as we speak. Pricey little buggers aren't they. Does it need to be Magicgate 2 or is just Magicgate Ok?

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
It's fine to use a permanent 6.20 PRO....more to the point that's a 2000 isn't it? You should run 6.20 PRO and post what's in the system info, and also run PSPIdent.
I had her check 3 times she swore blind it is a 3000 NOT a 2000. Because I thought that firmware was a 2000 one as well.
Oh God, it is going wrong all ready.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Follow xist's advice and get that information. It will help to identify your PSP completely. Also, just Magicgate should be fine. I don't even think there is Magicgate on my pro-duo adapter (I just use two MicroSD cards inside of it), but it all works fine still. It's best not to take chances though if you don't need to.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
She didn't have hold of it the manager did and asked her to check like three times. I want to ring Sony but they have no UK phone numbers. I know about the difference I researched it before I rang them because some of the pictures were incorrect like showing two different models for the same item. But I'm not physically with it so I have to rely on them being correct.

I rang Sony they said that it might be correct that a psp 3000 could have that firmware but the aren't certain. They said that the firmware was released in July 2008 and the PSP 3000 came out in Nov 2008. And that it is possible.

I will be so fed up if it is a psp 2000.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's so long ago now i don't remember, and the 3000 is the only model i don't own, but something chimes a memory as a bit odd with a 3000 on 4.01 as that's the firmware that introduced the TA-088v3 2000's...

QUOTE said:
According to a Eurogamer hands-on session with the PSP-3000, which is scheduled for a worldwide release next week, the unit comes with firmware 4.20 preloaded. The updated system software revision includes a "USB Auto-Connect" option, which automatically begins charging the PSP within the XMB when a USB cable is inserted. Elsewhere, a "Color Space" setting has added to the firmware. When activated, it allows users to take advantage of the enhanced LCD screen found in the PSP-3000 to display more vivid colors.

Interestingly, the hardware ships with a smaller AC adapter unit - one that does away with the black box power pack and actually can fit in your pocket.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=9098&page=1

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It has V4.05 not 4.01.
smile.gif
Anyway I rang that place again and she promised that it is a PSP 3000 she said that it has PSP3000 that at the end of the 'bar code'. And that the manager is really experienced etc etc. Anyway they have sent it already.
frown.gif

I've ordered an 8gb Lexar memory stick pro duo (with magic whatsit) and a usb reader for it as well. I want an armor case but they don't seem to do them over here. Oh yeah and screen protectors.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If it's not too late Lexar sticks aren't great....which is why everyone links to/recommends Sandisks.

The case you want is the Logitech Playgear Pocket (which is what i use) and i also recommend the Best Skins Ever full body kit.

Oh and 4.05 sounds more promising for a 3000, despite that article.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Miss Panda said:
Do I use patched backup .iso's or unpatched, please?

@xist
Do want but I'm going to have to hunt. For it.
smile.gif

If you use PRO-B7, clean isos and csos should ALL run fine.
smile.gif

No need to download patched ones (unless it's like, and English patch for a Japanese game or something).

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fabulous, yeah I'll be doing whatever you chaps told me to the stuff that was in the guides. So yeah if B Pro whatsit is that then yeah. I'll umm put the first stage of the logistics in motion and get back to sorting through the suggestions on the other thread.
wink.gif

Appreciate the speedy answer by the way. Thanks
smile.gif

Are the iso's meant to be 1.09Gbs?
blink.gif
And is csos the same as a ciso?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It also should be noted that in most cases it doesn't matter....both patched and clean games should be fine on PRO.

And that if you mean that PSP game suggestions thread then it's all over the place....
wacko.gif

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Miss Panda said:
Are the iso's meant to be 1.09Gbs?
blink.gif
And is csos the same as a ciso?

cso are compressed iso

and yes iso can go as high as 1.65GB like kingdom hearts, that's the biggest game I have right now, I don't know if they get any bigger than that

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I can have like three or four games on my 8Gb Memory Stick Pro Duo?

How? What? Blimey my DSTWO has squillions of games and books on it. How do you deal with it do I have to transfer them off and on to my PC every time I want to play different stuff on my PSP? Won't it get corrupted (the game files)?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The majority of games (good games) are around 1GB or less
the bigger games will be bigger in size, that's why some people convert them to cso to make them smaller so they can fit more games into their memory cards.

remember when I recommended the PSP GO?
this was one of the reason
QUOTE said:
and the 16GB will come in handy, psp games are pretty big
add a 16GB M2 for $20 and you'll have 32GB of memory that can fit 20-25 PSP games, not a whole lot when compared to the DStwo but better than 3 or 4 games.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Sometimes I can only fit about four games PSP games, sometimes I can fit upwards of seven or eight. It's all dependent on the game. Some games are really small, and others are drastically reduced in size when turned to a CSO. Some games are made even smaller when they have what may be considered unnecessary things removed from them.

Really though, PSP games aren't like DS games. You won't find yourself switching between 20 different games at a time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up