PSP 3000 Manufacture Date

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by SinRG, Aug 3, 2010.

Aug 3, 2010

PSP 3000 Manufacture Date by SinRG at 12:51 AM (1,271 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. SinRG
    OP

Newcomer SinRG Member

Canada
    I found a place selling the Rock Band PSP Bundle. I've heard many, many reports that it comes with 5.02, but I've read some reports where it comes with 5.50. My question is, is there anything on the box that I can look for to help ease me in the right direction?

Thanks.

2. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    I've never heard about it coming with 5.50, Rock Band requires 5.02 to run.

3. vmurp

Newcomer vmurp Member

United States
    SinRG is right, it does come with both firmware versions. The first shipment or two came with 5.02, then afterward they started showing up with 5.50. It's kind of a 50/50 chance. Unfortunately, there's really no way to tell from the box or the serial number.

However, depending on where you purchase it, you may be able to bring it home and check the firmware and return it if it's not the one you want. I know Best Buy will let you return an opened PSP as long as it's not damaged. But you'll definitely want to check with them before purchasing, about their return policy. Just tell them you're buying it as a gift and you want to make sure it can be returned if the recipient doesn't like it.