Gaming PSP 2000 Slim analog replacement

Teny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I think I my analog on my PSP 2000 is about to go out. Sometimes when I hold up, the analog would sometimes sense it to move down or near the middle for less than a second. So when I am moving my character up, I would sometimes stop, or stutter, and take a couple of seconds before I start moving normally.

So I was wondering where is a good place to buy an analog replacement? Ebay and Dealextreme are some places I looked at, but they seem like those generic counterfeits that doesn't work as well as the original. I bought 2 from ebay for a friend about a few months ago, and they both had some problems with.

Thanks in advance.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I'm actually wandering about changing mine because it just doesn't work properly; the characters move to the top left all the time...Gawd it's annoying on FIFA. ¬¬

Teny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
Yeah, I'm actually wandering about changing mine because it just doesn't work properly; the characters move to the top left all the time...Gawd it's annoying on FIFA. ¬¬

Actually, they said that's really easy to fix. Just take apart your PSP, and take out the Analog, then get a wet and dry cloth, or a swap with alcohol, and just clean the connectors on the Analog and it should fix the drifting. Unless yours is a fat, then I don't now if this fix works.

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps if you knew how the problem was caused you knew how to solve it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNCSW3s6Esg&feature=fvw

No way in hell I would recommend this if you do not have proper soldering skills.
But atleast this movie correctly shows you what causes it and what permanantly fixes it.

And yeh it works heh.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Teny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that guide doesn't really help me at all, that's for the drifting problem. My analog is not drifting, all it's doing is stopping sometimes. But I blew into it to clear out some dust, and that seem to have fixed it for now.

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teny said:
Yeah, that guide doesn't really help me at all, that's for the drifting problem. My analog is not drifting, all it's doing is stopping sometimes. But I blew into it to clear out some dust, and that seem to have fixed it for now.

So over here your own diagnose is that your analog stick might be full of dirt \ dust.
Try to open the PSP and clean the parts of the analog stick?

It would be a shame to spend money to something you can easily fix yourself.
Or could have fixed yourself as you will not know or it is the cause if you do not try to fix \ clean it.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Teny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Analogs doesnt cost that much, from what I have seen, they cost the max of $10.
I would not send my electronics or take it someplace to help me fix it unless I can't figure out what is wrong, of course by the time I take them apart is when my warranty is over.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Analogues on a slim

About the easiest fix you can do

1) Buy a new one - a few $$
2) Remove the 7 screws to remove the PSP front plate (DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN - very hard to clean properly)
3) Remove the one retaining screw for the analogue and remove it

MOST IMPORTANT
There is a thin piece of silicon covering the contacts, remove this from the old one and put it on the new one - loose this and you are scre*ed

4)Reassemble

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your best way to buy an anlog replacement is at ebay. They sell that for cheaper.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1