Hardware PSP 2000 LCD Connector Broke

Yamathedestroyer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, i tried replacing my PSP LCD Screen, but i accidentally broke of the Black bar of it, so now the cable doesnt Connect permanently. The Creen and the Pins still work when the Cable is inserted in the right way, otherwise theres only Garbage on screen.

So what should i do?
I dont want to replace the whole motherboard because it is compatible with Pandora Battery and i dont wanna lose that, because even if its uselesss, i kinda like it to have an unbrick method, when i experiment around.

I thought of glueing the connector in place. Whould that work, could i damage something. I tried taping it, but that didnt work.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The "correct" solution is getting a replacement connector, and have it soldered in place (the hot air method would probably be the best - and not every TV repairman probably has the right tools- but I don't know how compatible it is with a plastic connector)

I did fix a DS touchscreen socket with the same problem using tape, however I needed a lot of trial and error to find the right position, and it would sometimes get loose (it's already 3 years in a row that it's still working fine... touch wood), but it's only 4 pins and narrow, which would probably make it easier than a typical video cable

The expensive but easy solution (probably less expensive than the above one, actually...) is buying another console - the used-electronics stores in my area don't care if it's flashable or not, just if it's a 1000/2000/3000, and if they're not in a hurry they don't complain if you ask to check the data code under the battery :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.