Hardware PSP 1007 backlight flashes but no boot

ChimneySwift

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright so this PSP has been sitting in a box for the past few years, I pulled it out recently for some nostalgia and plugged it in, upon switching it on I got a few seconds of life before it died. I pulled it all apart and gave everything a good clean with ipa, only thing I noticed out of place was it looked like the little battery attached to the motherboard had leaked/corroded, it wasn't too bad and I was able to clean all of that off and put everything back together no problems.

Now though when I turn it on the backlight flashes on (screen still blank) and then it goes dead. That being said it still charges perfectly fine. (Note: The power LED has been broken for ages now so I can't really tell what that's doing)

Am I right in thinking it looks as though I potentially could fix it using a pandora battery/magic memory card, or am I on the completely wrong track and it's probably something messed up on the motherboard? I did have a look at my battery but it doesn't look like the one in the guide on this site so not sure which chip to do what to (it's an official battery, but this unit was originally from Thailand so maybe it's different?)

It'd be cool if I could fix what I have since parts suck to get and I'm not likely to get a ton of use out of them, but I'm kinda stabbing in the dark here lol.

If anyone has any help/guidance that'd be fantastic since I'm not really familiar with the issues here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...