Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I´m new in this PSP universum and i need your knowledge and maybe advices please.

Today i´ve got an Akku for an PSP-1004.It works,all is fine.
I´ve read through this excellent Guides:

First:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-hacking-modding-f-a-q-start-here.268289/

Second:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-softmod-hack-your-psp.293978/

The PSP is on FW 6.20,i leave it because of no WiFi.
To be sure i´ve read through the Internet.And the WiFi switch is there,so it has WiFi.
No Light turn on,when i try to set up an connection it says something (the PSP is german) "Connectiong Error - The WLan is turned OFF".

So i can sure its broken ?!?

The Memory Stick is working (LED blinks also) so the 6.20 PRO (permanent) installation was sucessful.Thank you for the great and simple guide.:yaypsp:

Thank you for reading and your advices and maybe a solution for the WiFi.

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can update offline, pro cfw is for non hackable psp, you can, and you should, use a full cfw like 6.61 ME (follow a guide for that).

You may need to open it, it could be some dust, or maybe it was opened before and something is missing/not connected

Reactions: Alexander1970

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No Light turn on
Normal, it only lights when connected (and on less than 6.20 blinks on activity)

"Connectiong Error - The WLan is turned OFF".
Yeah, bad wifi switch (it's the unmarked one on the left - not like there are other things to confuse it with... :P )

pro cfw is for non hackable psp
It's for both - while ME has a separate temporary version (LME), PRO is temporary by default but cam be made permanent with the included CIPL Flasher

Just update to the official 6.61 or 6.60, download the appropriate version of "ME OFW edition" or PRO, run the main installer, and in the case of PRO run the CIPL Flasher, that is all

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Thank you very much.That helps me a lot further.
i was unsure to update to FW 6.61 because of the guide reads from FW 6.60.

Only one makes me unsure:
I can´t go to permanent mod,every time i turned the PSP off,the mod has to be re-enabled.I do it like in the guide.Has it maybe something to do with the new Akku ? Its an replacement/3rd Party one.

Or while i have still FW 6.20 on it ?:unsure:

@lucks
Thank you for your advice,i will try.Maybe the same like the shoulder buttons on the Nintendo DS/DSi ? A little "blow" maybe helps ?
And that i can update offline.:yaypsp:

@Ryccardo
Thank you for let me know that i can make the update to 6.61.
That means also i´ve not need the WiFi further (except for WLan Games and Internet presumably).

Thank you,i appreciate your tipps and advices.:yay:

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, but there s no point in using a lite cfw with a perma patch when your psp supports full cfw.
CIPL is not a permapatch (that's Infinity), it's the real deal :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Only one makes me unsure:
I can´t go to permanent mod,every time i turned the PSP off,the mod has to be re-enabled.I do it like in the guide.Has it maybe something to do with the new Akku ? Its an replacement/3rd Party one.

Or while i have still FW 6.20 on it ?:unsure:
As lucks hinted, there are two approaches to an autobooting CFW: permapatch (exploit in OFW, only for specific versions - mainly 6.20 and a 6.39/6.6x hybrid called Infinity - and excluding PSP Street/E1000), and "true permanent" CIPL ("exploit" in bootrom, works on all 1000 and some 2000)

If your console supports CIPL (which it does) it also supports Pandora's battery (booting from memory stick instead of nand), if your battery has a serial number of 00000000 and you turn on the console with that battery inserted it will always try to boot from memory stick (which may boot from nand anyway, boot something different from what's on nand, or fail completely without a memory stick or one without a PSP boot sector)

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you for your explanation.

For me as new PSP user means that:

It doesn´t matter which FW i use,i had to "restart" the CFW each time i power off/on the PSP.
And this Pandora Battery/Mod (i´ve read about it here a little) bypass this "issue".

Right ?:unsure:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ok,sadly i have to wait for an charging device for the Akku.None of my 3rd Party Power adapters is loading the Akku/the PSP.:(

Thank you both for your tipps and explainations for me to help on.:grog:

Reactions: lucks

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

FW 6.61 is on it.
6.61 PRO CFW + Permanent installation.

Works.:yaypsp:

I´ve managed also cheats with tempAR plugin.

and guess what,WiFi is also suddenly working.

Thank you for all your great help and knowledge.:yay:

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: lucks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Cool, practise on a spare junk board or even just soldering some wires together first. And make...