PSP-1001 remove and upgrade cfw

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by CaliberDR, Feb 7, 2012.

1. CaliberDR
    OP

CaliberDR Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2012
    United States
    I recently got an old fat PSP-1001 for cheap and was inclined to softmodding it. When I got it, the bottom of the PSP's browswer menu says 'M33 Custom Firmware' while the system information says it is 'Version 5.55'. I wanted to update this firmware to 6.20 and install a new cfw, so I tried using Hellcat's Flasher 1.65, and everytime I try using it it says the program is corrupted. Additionally, I can't run the PSP in recovery mode on start-up, which I've read you can do with PSPs with a cfw. I've looked around and can't find much info besides perhaps a Pandora battery. Basically, what is the problem with this PSP and can I remove the old cfw to install a new one or what? Any help would be appreciated.

2. lithium210

lithium210 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2003
    United States
    Just copy over the official sony update 6.20 (works with any now 6.20-6.60), update psp and install Pro-B10 afterwards.

1 person likes this.
  3. CaliberDR
    OP

CaliberDR Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2012
    United States
    Thanks a lot, that did the trick. I was a newb, since the M33 Custom Firmware label was still on the bottom after installing. Then I realized it was a skin. They must have removed the cfw beforehand. In any case, I now have Pro-B10 installed on my PSP. Again, thanks for the help.

4. lithium210

lithium210 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2003
    United States
    no problem!