Hacking Psp 1001 help needed

able

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. Sorry for starting a new thread. I have a psp with infinity installed but when I go to boot config select me and reboot it doesnt reboot to lme, I have to install it again to use it. Does any one have any suggestions? I have searched extensively for this otherwise I woudnt have posted.
I'm on a psp 1001 with 6.61 and a 64gb sd card via adapter. Thanks

atoxique

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys. Sorry for starting a new thread. I have a psp with infinity installed but when I go to boot config select me and reboot it doesnt reboot to lme, I have to install it again to use it. Does any one have any suggestions? I have searched extensively for this otherwise I woudnt have posted.
I'm on a psp 1001 with 6.61 and a 64gb sd card via adapter. Thanks

When I hacked my PSP, I used the PRO-C 6.61 firmware not Infinity so maybe try using that. After installing it, you can either leave it so that you have to open the Fast Recovery app on your PSP to re-enable hacks every time you reboot, OR you can use the CIPL Flasher app (comes with the firmware) to make the hack permanent

Last edited by atoxique,
Reactions: Alexander1970

able

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I hacked my PSP I used the PRO-C firmware not Infinity so maybe try using that. After installing it, you can either leave it so that you have to open the Fast Recovery program to re-enable hacks every time you reboot, OR you can use the CIPL Flasher program (IIRC it comes with it) to make the hack permanent.
I very much apprecuate your response. I'm worried to try that since i have infinity already flashed to firm... Its just for whatever reason its not using the bootmenu properly. I'm used to the 3ds and I'm pretty afraid of bricking since I'm in unfamiliar territory.

atoxique

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I very much apprecuate your response. I'm worried to try that since i have infinity already flashed to firm... Its just for whatever reason its not using the bootmenu properly. I'm used to the 3ds and I'm pretty afraid of bricking since I'm in unfamiliar territory.

What guide, if any, did you follow to install Infinity and LME?

Also yeah I completely understand the fear of bricking!!

Kitsu-neechan

Coffee makes your kokoro go doki doki
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
infinity isnt really something that should be used on a permahackable model like 1k psp to begin with, even the developer states
that it is inferior to an actual permanent cfw and it should only be used on models where other perma-CFW's are not available.

as far as bricking goes, that's more or less impossible with a 1k model. You can brick it, but you can more or less always also unbrick it.

atoxique

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
^^ yes i forgot for a sec but the PSP-1000 is basically impossible to actually permanently brick -- you can almost always unbrick it

Anyway, if you want to uninstall Infinity and use PRO-C instead, use Chronoswitch Downgrader 7.0. Despite being called a "downgrader" you can actually use it just to re-install 6.61 again.

Here's a video guide for that:

Last edited by atoxique,

able

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
infinity isnt really something that should be used on a permahackable model like 1k psp to begin with, even the developer states
that it is inferior to an actual permanent cfw and it should only be used on models where other perma-CFW's are not available.

as far as bricking goes, that's more or less impossible with a 1k model. You can brick it, but you can more or less always also unbrick it.
^^ yes i forgot for a sec but the PSP-1000 is basically impossible to actually permanently brick -- you can almost always unbrick it

Anyway, if you want to uninstall Infinity and use PRO-C instead, use Chronoswitch Downgrader 7.0. Despite being called a "downgrader" you can actually use it just to re-install 6.61 again.

Here's a video guide for that:

Wow. Ok I k ow youre not suplosed to follow video guides but its all I could find on the subject. I followed the one posted by protomario and all he mentioned was lme and Infiniti. I'm at work now but when i get off i will follow these steps and report back. I appreciate the both of you... Thank you so much kind strangers.

Edit: while i have you here i have another wrird problem. Im using a magicgate to microsd adapter. I formated to fat32 with guiformat and then used the format utility and the sd card shows up but certain games tell me they cant save because theres not enough space but theres 60gb free.

Once I have infinity removed is there a guide on how to install the cfw you mentioned?

Edit 2: guide I followed which reccomended infinity
Sd card adapter I'm using
https://www.amazon.com/Funturbo-MagicGate-Playstation-Portable-Handycam/dp/B07F68FCHD
I thouggt maybe the games said I didnt have space on my 64gb sd card even though they did may have something to do with cluster size so I made it smaller and it had no effect, still says I jave no free space even though the entire 64gb micro sd card is empty and freshly formatted

Last edited by able,

atoxique

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here's a guide for PRO-C 6.61:

https://revive.today/psp/cfw/pro/

You already know this but make sure you download the version that matches what you're on!!

It's very easy to install the PRO-C firmware since you just copy the folders to your memory card then run PRO Update application on your PSP. Go the Settings -> System Settings -> System Information, it should show "[firmware version] PRO-C". Now run the CIPL Flasher. Follow the instructions it shows you and then when your PSP reboots, go again to Settings -> System Settings -> System Information, and it should show "[firmware verison] PRO-C".

Have fun modding!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw