PSP 1000 CFW problem

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by BruceBaldock, Mar 23, 2013.

Mar 23, 2013

PSP 1000 CFW problem by BruceBaldock at 11:48 AM (784 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. BruceBaldock
    OP

Newcomer BruceBaldock Member

United Kingdom
    Ive had this psp since 2005 and over the years its gotten a some black pixels around the screen but im guessing theres nothing you can do about that? and oh man the motion blur on my device is so bad for some games lol do the later 2000 and 3000 models have motion blur problems aswell?

But anyway couple weeks ago I used the 6.60 PRO-C2 permanent patch and has been working fine since yesterday where I was playing a poploader psx game and put in my headphones and now my psp buttons have gone all weird, whenever I press the home/brightness/select button it mutes the device

I cant gain access to TempAR now aswell since this has happened or go into the recovery menu thing from the XMB menu (but can go into it still whilst holding R when botting the device)

any ideas here to get things back to normal?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    The bottom button strip sounds like it's come loose. If your confident open it up and check the alignment of those components, if you're not sell it and get another one cheap from ebay or some other private listing.

3. M[u]ddy

Member M[u]ddy GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    There is a homebrew to repair dead pixels. My brother used it on his PSP 1004 and it removed 3/4 dead pixels and the one that was left got a lot better.
    It basically flashes bright colors to loosen the stuck molecules in the screen.

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Stuck pixels not dead pixels. Dead pixels are just that...dead. Also the flashing screen homebrew is just as likely to create stuck pixels as repair them. There's a better one (iirc it's 1.50 homebrew) that targets a single pixel avoiding that problem.

5. Mikesahhh

Newcomer Mikesahhh Mikes

United Kingdom
    Sounds like your Note button is stuck if your not confident to open up your device then you could try installing the Macrofire plugin (press both volume buttons at the same time to access it) go to remap settings and disable your Sound button all together and see if that helps

BruceBaldock likes this.
  6. BruceBaldock
    OP

Newcomer BruceBaldock Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks this fixed my psp self muting all the time and can now load up my plugins aswell so everything is back to normal minus 1 Sound button haha :)

I did consider just getting a newer psp but seemed a little silly to me when the vita is out so think I might wait 2 or 3 years and get one then hopefully the homebrew for the vita will be better at that time :)