Hardware PSP 1000 Battery will Randomly cut out?

wildfire95

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recently bought a PSP 1000 off eBay, and it's perfect, only problem is that it will randomly cut out (turn off).. sometimes it occurs 2-3 seconds after startup, sometimes 5 minutes into a game..

Is this just a matter of getting another battery or is this PSP completely and utterly dying? I've tried charging it fully, but it still occurs!

wildfire95

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Does it completely shut down or go into sleep mode? And does the "no battery" screen pop-up when it powers off (it's just a gray screen with a battery with a line through it)?

If I remember correctly, completely..

and no, the "no battery" screen does not appear, it just goes blank.

I just plugged in the AC charger, and for the past 10 minutes (when plugged in) it hasn't died..

wildfire95

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The battery seems snug.. but I'd really not have to sell this current PSP as faulty.. considering I spent £70 on it in the first place!

Is it worth getting a new battery do you think?

SuicideBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it might be the lid. if the lid is a little loose, the battery might lose contact for a bit (especially when you shake it on the side the battery is on, or when it comes to a hard stop like when you put it down on a table) which would simply power off the psp just like you described, but still work fine with the ac adapter.

i once broke one of those little dongles that support the lid on my 3k, and that's exactly what happened.
iirc the 1000 batteries are bigger than the 3k's, so it might be even easier for them to lose contact.
you could try to put some kind of padding between the battery and the lid and see if that helps.

wildfire95

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SuicideBunny said:
it might be the lid. if the lid is a little loose, the battery might lose contact for a bit (especially when you shake it on the side the battery is on, or when it comes to a hard stop like when you put it down on a table) which would simply power off the psp just like you described, but still work fine with the ac adapter.

i once broke one of those little dongles that support the lid on my 3k, and that's exactly what happened.
iirc the 1000 batteries are bigger than the 3k's, so it might be even easier for them to lose contact.
you could try to put some kind of padding between the battery and the lid and see if that helps.

I shoved a bit of paper down the side to keep it snug, and yeah, it seems (so far) to have stopped it from dying randomly! I cannot thank you enough
biggrin.gif

What would you recommend I use to keep the battery in place?
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==