Hacking [PSA]Do NOT update your 3ds

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
10.4.0 was released a few hours ago and according to smealum, if you update your 3ds you will no longer be able to play games that have an update without updating your system, which means ironhax will be rendered useless.

Does anyone know if any of the emunands(Rei, Rx etc.) are working on 10.4?
List of stiff broken by the new update:
  • Ironhax
  • Gateway's select
  • memchunkhax2

I just noticed that I posted this in the wrong section, wooops!

Last edited by Osga21,

wyntre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway's select is broken; NTR, Rei, and RXtools are all working on 10.4. and as far as not being able to play games that need updates, it's literally -only- Ironfall.

D

Deleted User

There are plenty of other threads about this. About 6 others now, I think. Also, as mentioned, this is in the wrong section.

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download .cia updates and you should only be updating your emunand to 10.4 and preserving your entry points as well as having a cia version of HBlauncher would be your best bet.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's not hard to determine whether the section is correct or not for the post your making. ;) Hardware section? Maybe software section??? Also, we could use some users to use the search function instead of making 10 to 20 threads all over the same stuff. K? K.

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
10.4.0 was released a few hours ago and according to smealum, if you update your 3ds you will no longer be able to play games that have an update without updating your system, which means ironhax will be rendered useless.
I just used the TubeHax DNS and I was able to boot straight in to Ironfall and Ironhax. There was still an update message on the top screen, but no notification.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
And also, do you think that nintendo is capable of making a cubic ninja/oot update that patches it all? (ending in no homebrew on 10.4 unless other workarounds like blocking url's)
It's up to Ubisoft to even assist with making an update, because, Nintendo just can't make updates for games they don't fully own.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And also, do you think that nintendo is capable of making a cubic ninja/oot update that patches it all? (ending in no homebrew on 10.4 unless other workarounds like blocking url's)
OoT, sure, if they wanted to.
Cubic Ninja having an update would be a huge coding hassle AND legal hassle and Knuckles due to the company who made it being bankrupt.

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's up to Ubisoft to even assist with making an update, because, Nintendo just can't make updates for games they don't fully own.
makes sense
OoT, sure, if they wanted to.
Cubic Ninja having an update would be a huge coding hassle AND legal hassle and Knuckles due to the company who made it being bankrupt.
no shit. rip ubisoft

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no shit. rip ubisoft

The game was published by Ubisoft. It was developed by a company named AQ Interactive, which is now bankrupt. Ubisoft might be able to do something, but I doubt they have the source code, and I doubt they care.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay