Hacking [PSA]Do NOT update your 3ds

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
10.4.0 was released a few hours ago and according to smealum, if you update your 3ds you will no longer be able to play games that have an update without updating your system, which means ironhax will be rendered useless.

Does anyone know if any of the emunands(Rei, Rx etc.) are working on 10.4?
List of stiff broken by the new update:
  • Ironhax
  • Gateway's select
  • memchunkhax2

I just noticed that I posted this in the wrong section, wooops!

Last edited by Osga21,

wyntre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway's select is broken; NTR, Rei, and RXtools are all working on 10.4. and as far as not being able to play games that need updates, it's literally -only- Ironfall.

D

Deleted User

There are plenty of other threads about this. About 6 others now, I think. Also, as mentioned, this is in the wrong section.

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download .cia updates and you should only be updating your emunand to 10.4 and preserving your entry points as well as having a cia version of HBlauncher would be your best bet.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's not hard to determine whether the section is correct or not for the post your making. ;) Hardware section? Maybe software section??? Also, we could use some users to use the search function instead of making 10 to 20 threads all over the same stuff. K? K.

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
10.4.0 was released a few hours ago and according to smealum, if you update your 3ds you will no longer be able to play games that have an update without updating your system, which means ironhax will be rendered useless.
I just used the TubeHax DNS and I was able to boot straight in to Ironfall and Ironhax. There was still an update message on the top screen, but no notification.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
And also, do you think that nintendo is capable of making a cubic ninja/oot update that patches it all? (ending in no homebrew on 10.4 unless other workarounds like blocking url's)
It's up to Ubisoft to even assist with making an update, because, Nintendo just can't make updates for games they don't fully own.

CeeDee

art by @x65943
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And also, do you think that nintendo is capable of making a cubic ninja/oot update that patches it all? (ending in no homebrew on 10.4 unless other workarounds like blocking url's)
OoT, sure, if they wanted to.
Cubic Ninja having an update would be a huge coding hassle AND legal hassle and Knuckles due to the company who made it being bankrupt.

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's up to Ubisoft to even assist with making an update, because, Nintendo just can't make updates for games they don't fully own.
makes sense
OoT, sure, if they wanted to.
Cubic Ninja having an update would be a huge coding hassle AND legal hassle and Knuckles due to the company who made it being bankrupt.
no shit. rip ubisoft

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    honestly the whole expansion pack confuses me since i thought the nes/snes games were just a neat little bonus
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    wait julie your bf is a femboy holy shit im jealous
    +1
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    So many planes flying overhead, and they sound close...
    Gift
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    do you need friends to play the games online for the switch exapsion pack i know snes and nes do.
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @El_Doot well hey hot people do get more benefits in life
    Gift
  • J @ Jephter:
    Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but after surfing through for only 10 sec or less this appears. please can someone help me? Thank you in advance.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Start a new thread in the 3DS board, the chat box is not the best place to ask for such advice.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    A week ago I got a payment request, through PayPal, from "[email protected]", who wanted US$64.
    Scam? Cancelled it anyway.
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    The note added to it simply said "Lucky Charms?", too.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    They're all after your Lucky Charms.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Hayato213 @ Hayato213:
    at least lucky charm is quite popular, probably my favorite cereal.
    Gift
    I wonder...how would the gaming scene have changed had the Wii (and its bullshit motion controls and criminally neglected Classic Controller) failed?
    Gift
    Microsoft certainly wouldn't have experimented with the Kinect, that's for sure. Would Nintendo have released something like the Wii U early?
    Gift
    That would've had a different name, so as not to tie it to its failed predecessor (something the Wii U dearly wished it has gotten anyway).
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    PlayStation 2 already had that EyeToy thing before the Wii, and a whole lot of games supported it. Microsoft would have had something like the Kinect even if the Wii failed.
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Planning to buy a cronus zen to record inputs to negate mundane grinds/farming, anyone have it? How is it?
    Gift
  • E1ite007 @ E1ite007:
    For some reason, some Amazon reviews said it was a scam 'cause it launch there before they made an official launch on their webpage...anyway, according to people, it's good...it was gonna be my first option to buy when I wanted something to farm in games automatically, but then I backed down since tax fees and shipping would have costed me a fortune to Mexico...
    +1
    Gift
  • SaulFabre @ SaulFabre:
    Wii was a great sucess
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Plazorn @ Plazorn:
    It was, it surpassed the PS3 and XBOX 360 sells
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I love the Wii ❤️
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    When it's hacked it's a great system.
    Gift
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: When it's hacked it's a great system.