PSA: Brickers Abound

warning.png
Just a short Public Service Announcement for our users, particularly the ones who like their Homebrew on Nintendo platforms. The Homebrew community tends to be positive and participating in it is a recipe for a good time, but no group of people is free of bad actors with too much time on their hands. We have reason to believe that in the near future we'll see a lot of suspicious uploads of innocent-looking applications that are actually concealed console brickers and viruses. We came across a disconcerting threat against our site, among others, made by a Wii malware creator.

The safety of our users is our number one priority, so we strongly urge forum-goers to be weary of applications uploaded to the site recently, particularly if they come from relatively new accounts. We apologise for this inconvenience, but sadly there is little we can do besides staying vigilant and dealing swiftly with any and all suspicious content.

Stay safe, and keep on Tempin'!

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a short Public Service Announcement for our users, particularly the ones who like their Homebrew on Nintendo platforms. The Homebrew community tends to be positive and participating in it is a recipe for a good time, but no group of people is free of bad actors with too much time on their hands. We have reason to believe that in the near future we'll see a lot of suspicious uploads of innocent-looking applications that are actually concealed console brickers and viruses. We came across a disconcerting threat against our site, among others, made by a Wii malware creator.

The safety of our users is our number one priority, so we strongly urge forum-goers to be weary of applications uploaded to the site recently, particularly if they come from relatively new accounts. We apologise for this inconvenience, but sadly there is little we can do besides staying vigilant and dealing swiftly with any and all suspicious content.

Stay safe, and keep on Tempin'!
So did you get the guy or what\?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using nsp verify and nx info to determine if switch files are safe or corrupted. I also have the entire wad catalogue for wiiware safe. it's very sad that things are like this. homebrew is different, because I believe some will show a false positive as being unsafe. I've downloaded no homebrew, since I haven't hacked my switch (just downloaded games I bought, which is a lot).

D

Deleted User

Lmao theres no way anyone is making Wii malware in 2019. It's probably for Switch or something.

Who cares anyway, I hope you all brick your switch so you all can finally put it down and play games that are actually worth a shit rather than generic anime games, the most half assed Nintendo sequels ever, and 5 year old ports that are often worse than the originals.

Reactions: CORE

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Lmao theres no way anyone is making Wii malware in 2019. It's probably for Switch or something.

Who cares anyway, I hope you all brick your switch so you all can finally put it down and play games that are actually worth a shit rather than generic anime games, the most half assed Nintendo sequels ever, and 5 year old ports that are often worse than the originals.
No need to get salty

Reactions: banjo2 and VinsCool

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom

damn man who shit in your cornflakes lol

Anyway on the topic of the thread, it's incredible in its own bizarre way that people still care enough about the Wii to do this, especially with how easy and cheap they are to replace. Are they just trying to flex their knowledge of the system or something? It's a shame they aren't putting their skills to more productive use tbh

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated