Hardware PS4 won't start

barnabe42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yesterday I got a power surge while booting my PS4 5.05 now it is stuck when rebuilding the database at 26%.
And the only way to fix it seems to do a clean install.

If I switch the hard drive is there any chance that I can put the original hard drive as USB external storage and get the save data using FTP or something else ?
Or am I doomed and lost all my saves ...

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I got a power surge while booting my PS4 5.05 now it is stuck when rebuilding the database at 26%.
And the only way to fix it seems to do a clean install.

If I switch the hard drive is there any chance that I can put the original hard drive as USB external storage and get the save data using FTP or something else ?
Or am I doomed and lost all my saves ...
Try using the reset to default settings option in safe mode if you can get to it. That sometimes can get the system to boot but I would backup as much as possible if it boots.

barnabe42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Try using the reset to default settings option in safe mode if you can get to it. That sometimes can get the system to boot but I would backup as much as possible if it boots.

I tried that without success,I reinstall the firmware 5.05 as well but that did not help.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that without success,I reinstall the firmware 5.05 as well but that did not help.
Well if that doesnt work you might have to do a full reinstall of the fw :( I wish they would have made it possible to get saves if the system tanks but it is what it is... I lost all of my saves a few times but I just back everything up weekly out of fear now :rofl2:

barnabe42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well if that doesnt work you might have to do a full reinstall of the fw :( I wish they would have made it possible to get saves if the system tanks but it is what it is... I lost all of my saves a few times but I just back everything up weekly out of fear now :rofl2:

That is why I thought, I used another hard drive and it started correctly, but it does not recognised the original hard drive when I plug it as external ...
I checked some tools from the payload but I don't think It can help

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is why I thought, I used another hard drive and it started correctly, but it does not recognised the original hard drive when I plug it as external ...
I checked some tools from the payload but I don't think It can help
Yeaaa the hdd is formatted as a system boot not an external hdd for the ps4 so theres no way to get that data sadly..

Mrpro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
factory reset the ps4 but remember to save the games on to a USB, so u don't have to restart the game all over again.
Hopefully, this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.