PS4 Update 2.0.0 Issues

Discussion in 'PS4 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by chavosaur, Nov 3, 2014.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Okay, has anyone else had an absolute nightmare with this latest update? I had to literally unplug my PS4 out of frustration.

It would randomly boot into rest mode, both bother waking up, and when I did manage to turn it off and back on, it'd boot in safe mode and wouldn't boot out of safe mode until I formatted my hard drive. I had to do this 7 times before I finally gave up even attempting to play my PS4.
    Sony still has no ETA as to when they're going to fix this garbage update but I was curious if anyone else has been going through the same issues and if they have a solution? I disabled rest mode but it continued to boot into it for no reason.

Kotaku and other news sites have reported similar situations under their own staff. Anybody else frustrated?

2. Bean_BR

Bean_BR GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2011
    Brazil
    For me it fixed some problems but also brought up others, unfortunately. My PS4 freezed two times on Rest Mode (formerly Standby), last time was during a download; then I rebooted in Safe Mode and it checked the HDD. Since then I haven't used Rest Mode anymore.
    Oh, and a tip: don't unplug your PS4 if it freezes, just hold down the power button until it turns off, might take some seconds, a minute or more, but it will turn off.

3. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Irish ex captain

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    I haven't had any issues at all since the 2.0 update but what you are describing was the kind of stuff that was happening to me a couple of months ago before I returned my PS4 and got a replacement.

Looking it up it seems to be a known issue now with the 2.0 firmware. I guess if Sony release a fix and you are still having problems then you should return your console.

chavosaur likes this.
  4. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    My console has locked up once after I left it in "rest" mode. But other than that, I have been largely unaffected.

5. Cryingmoose

Cryingmoose Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Canada
    One lock up for me in rest mode