Hardware PS4 Update 2.0.0 Issues

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, has anyone else had an absolute nightmare with this latest update? I had to literally unplug my PS4 out of frustration.

It would randomly boot into rest mode, both bother waking up, and when I did manage to turn it off and back on, it'd boot in safe mode and wouldn't boot out of safe mode until I formatted my hard drive. I had to do this 7 times before I finally gave up even attempting to play my PS4.
Sony still has no ETA as to when they're going to fix this garbage update but I was curious if anyone else has been going through the same issues and if they have a solution? I disabled rest mode but it continued to boot into it for no reason.

Kotaku and other news sites have reported similar situations under their own staff. Anybody else frustrated?

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For me it fixed some problems but also brought up others, unfortunately. My PS4 freezed two times on Rest Mode (formerly Standby), last time was during a download; then I rebooted in Safe Mode and it checked the HDD. Since then I haven't used Rest Mode anymore.
Oh, and a tip: don't unplug your PS4 if it freezes, just hold down the power button until it turns off, might take some seconds, a minute or more, but it will turn off.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I haven't had any issues at all since the 2.0 update but what you are describing was the kind of stuff that was happening to me a couple of months ago before I returned my PS4 and got a replacement.

Looking it up it seems to be a known issue now with the 2.0 firmware. I guess if Sony release a fix and you are still having problems then you should return your console.

Reactions: chavosaur

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr