Hardware ps4 unable to start, FS corrupt

depaul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys. PS4 cannot boot it asks to update firmware. Tried to "rebuild database" in safe mode, but rebuild couldn't start at all.
Is there some way to "force" PS4 to check filesystem and hopefully repair it? without having to reinstall Firmware. Thanks,

@KiiWii Yes mate I'm on 5.05 and have installed my games that's why it' a pain to reinstall them again :(

Last edited by depaul,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys. PS4 cannot boot it asks to update firmware. Tried to "rebuild database" in safe mode, but rebuild couldn't start at all.
Is there some way to "force" PS4 to check filesystem and hopefully repair it? without having to reinstall Firmware. Thanks,

Try options 4 and 5 in safe mode, if not, bite the bullet and reinstall recovery (you’re on 5.05 right?)

Edit: any idea what caused it?

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: depaul

depaul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you @KiiWii actually my son could have shut it down improperly, or maybe the hdd is low quality. It is less than one year old.

@KiiWii: Will option 4 (restore default settings) delete all my games? Thanks

Last edited by depaul,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you @KiiWii actually my son could have shut it down improperly, or maybe the hdd is low quality. It is less than one year old.

@KiiWii: Will option 4 (restore default settings) delete all my games? Thanks

It shouldn’t, should just restore defaults if anything was changed (not that that sounds like it will make a difference).

If you use option to restore DB, and console does come back, you can then use Zer0xff dB restore to show fpkg titles again.

Good luck :)

Reactions: depaul

depaul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I bought a new SSD drive for my PS4 and removed the old magnetic one. PS4 default hdd is low quality and unreliable. Hope the problem doesn't re-occur with this SSD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing