Hardware PS4 Slim no power

Gords78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got myself a cheap ps4 slim that im trying to revive. It apparently worked for a few hours from new then suddenly would no loner turn on. No leds or beeps etc.

Have tested the psu and its putting out 5v and also 12v when the correct pins are shorted. Kind of run out of things to check at this point and am looking for suggestions.

I would have tried returning for waranty but as its never been online and i have no receipt i doubt they will take it.

KeoniAzugon

Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
If your able to check the psu, try looking for the "signals" on the motherboard. Posting more details like the model number, motherboard model helps a lot in guiding you.

KeoniAzugon

Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
ok, got the model of the whole thing and cross checking with the devwiki,(google is your friend) the motherboard model is either
SAD-002 or SAD-003

KeoniAzugon

Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for confirming. I'm having a bit of trouble getting a proper view of the board itself. Can you Take a few Picture of both sides and as clear as possible please.

Edit: Found the pinout for SAD-001 \ SAD-002 - CUH-20xx
This should help out more.

f1fTYRU.png

imgur.com/f1fTYRU.png

Last edited by KeoniAzugon, , Reason: Added picture for pinouts

Gords78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. Already had that pic for when i was testing the PSU. Ive had a good look around and kind find any problems. The console only lasted an hour before dying from new lol. I just checked the SMART status of the hdd for power on timel

KeoniAzugon

Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
Thats kinda weird, it should at least turn on and say something like missing system. Try booting without a HDD installed or in Safe Mode.

Gords78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
have tried booting bare motherboard with just status leds attached and nothing :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i left psu pins 1 and 2 shorted and connected motherboard and the cpu fan gets power for a half a second but still no beeps or lights.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter