ps4 scene dead?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by thehatergator, Jul 9, 2018.

1. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    It exists, it will be public eventually. 5.05 came out while 5.50 was out.

5.50 will more likely come out a few months after the next hefty iteration.

5.6X, 5.7X... if Sony never update again... EOL.

Hayato213, MasterJ360 and Sinon like this.
  2. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    theoretically if $ony won't update FW anymore and it's stopped on 5.50, hackers will still release the exploit after there are a significant numbers of consoles sold, possibly after imminent' xmas' sale :D

Last edited by leon315, Jul 11, 2018
  3. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    We are on 5.55 already :P

That’s why I said EOL.

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    There is about 3 years life left on the PS4 life that Sony plan to support.

5. TheRealNGB

TheRealNGB GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2017
    United States
    It sort of does, moddable systems actually have to be available for the community to grow, and they are not very often, its easy to say you can sell your systems and buy another, but reality is that your likely taking a $100-$200 hit when you do, because people want a super discount to buy your system over someone elses, or new, than you actually have to find one of those systems.

This what I mean by releasing exploits closer to firmware updates, or finding a downgrade solution, it is basically one the main reasons the ps3 was able to grow, it had both, and it wasnt the super seller the ps4 is, without those options the ps3 wouldn't have had the scene it did becuase until the past year there wasnt a exploit available for firmwares past 3.55

6. Sinon

Sinon "AutumnWolf!" ❤️

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    I insist, you should have looked at the bundle FW list before buying, instead of just hoping your newly buyed console would come with a lower FW

Last edited by Sinon, Jul 11, 2018
    Ars92 and matias3ds like this.
  7. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    but it's $ony, there's nothing sure about them: remember when everyone expect ps3's EOL? hackers released the exploit for PS3 superslims, dude u can't even imaging how $ony rushed the update :D

well $ony itself has confirmed that ps4 has reached the EOL, we'll probably see ps5 on E3 2019.

8. TheRealNGB

Dec 30, 2017
    United States
    I did ive been looking at since its inception, maybe you are not understanding that just because those console have existed that they are widely available, particularly when you just happen to have the money to buy it, but you are expected to take a loss on your current system and hope for the best, maybe your just being cynical because you were fortunate to have one come easy for you, but that is not the case for everyone.

9. Sinon

Sinon "AutumnWolf!" ❤️

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    It is for most people, I'm not been cynical

Last edited by Sinon, Jul 11, 2018
  10. TheRealNGB

Dec 30, 2017
    United States
    I would say it is not, relative to any previous generation of exploitable consoles, also Sony ships out updated systems to North American and Japan than anywhere else in the world, for example Europe got 5.03 days of play systems while we got 5.07, and they completely sold out online, and locally very fast, the only systems available locally are 5.50 systems, look if it was that easy, don't you think i would have done it several times over already? as I said I will have to take a huge loss (again) to get rid of the console i currently have, and hope one of those systems are available online, and than pay full price for it again.

Last edited by TheRealNGB, Jul 11, 2018
  11. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    I havent heard anything about a game save problem except for gran turismo sport, you need to be online to save in any version of that game.

12. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
  13. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    KiiWii likes this.
  14. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Can't find a system that's moddable? We know 5.55 has an exploit in private. Just don't update and then you have an exploitable on

I have 4 in the house, 3 are moddable because I waited and kept them offline. I have one I use online. Simple.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

15. vgplayer54

vgplayer54 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2010
    Canada
    Wait what? There's a way to get cheats on PS4 games without Save Wizard? Never heard of this tool - time to use good ol' Google-fu!

matias3ds likes this.
  16. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    PS4trainer Tylermods.

Uses jkpatch afaik.

Also deathrgh has a toolbox out now too.

17. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    Also Ps4 cheater , you can add already created cheats and aslo look yourself .
    I also Created a theme here for ps4 cheat games request , and new available cheats

18. mustafag32g

mustafag32g GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2014
    Argentina
    Like what??

19. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I cant say just yet, but its going to be huge.

NbAlIvEr100 and peteruk like this.
  20. NbAlIvEr100

NbAlIvEr100 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2016
    United States
    [​IMG]