PS4 Save File Decrypting

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that moving saves between regions is possible, but I've never tried it. it may not work for all games either. it sounds like it's a bit like how it works with the wii where on the wii, you decompress the save to where you have savedata and a banner, and you move the savedata over to another region's save, replace it, then rebuild. you don't move the banner (i.e. sce_sys in the ps4's case). the sce_sys contains a param.sfo which contains account id, and most likely the region as well, so the savedata outside of that folder is just raw data or seems to be.

Reactions: E1ite007

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just checked my decrypted saves where I also extracted the sce_sys folder. the param.sfo does contain game name and game id.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've heard that moving saves between regions is possible, but I've never tried it. it may not work for all games either. it sounds like it's a bit like how it works with the wii where on the wii, you decompress the save to where you have savedata and a banner, and you move the savedata over to another region's save, replace it, then rebuild. you don't move the banner (i.e. sce_sys in the ps4's case). the sce_sys contains a param.sfo which contains account id, and most likely the region as well, so the savedata outside of that folder is just raw data or seems to be.
I've tried it and you're totally correct. Not all games work when moving saves between regions, and some games are kinda finicky on if they will work at all.
Spider-Man and Miles Morales are great examples, that usually don't work when trying to decrypt the saves, while others like Arkham Knight or Crash Team Racing work perfectly fine even across regions.

Reactions: godreborn

carnbyds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I've tried it and you're totally correct. Not all games work when moving saves between regions, and some games are kinda finicky on if they will work at all.
Spider-Man and Miles Morales are great examples, that usually don't work when trying to decrypt the saves, while others like Arkham Knight or Crash Team Racing work perfectly fine even across regions.
Wonder if horizon zero dawn works

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Various PS4 encryption keys are known like the SAMU processor key that does savefile encryption hence why Save Wizard offer at a cost the ability to decrypt, edit then encrypt PS4 save files. But the keys have not been released to the public given the issue with the PS3 and Gehot that came with that.
According to Bucanero, Apollo PS4 is capable of doing it from the console itself, but I've not tested it since 9.00 support just dropped a couple days ago and I didn't have time to try it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to Bucanero, Apollo PS4 is capable of doing it from the console itself, but I've not tested it since 9.00 support just dropped a couple days ago and I didn't have time to try it.
pretty sure Apollo just does what save mounter does. it asks permission from SAMU for it to decrypt the saves. it doesn't do it itself.

carnbyds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well i totally gave up and going tlo pc version of the game.. Gonna use cheat engine and express until the level where i left of on the ps4 version.

ProtoBuffers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oof sorry I never saw this

ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT FIRST WITH OFFLINE ACTIVATOR

rename the larger file to sdimg_% (% is normal save name)

ftp to users/home/%/savedata/CUSA##### (% is UUID)

drag and drop your saves in

open save mounter and connect

mount your save

ftp to mnt/pfs

copy the param.sfo from sce_sys

flip the endian (look up hex endianness flip if you don't know how) of the user ID you are using on this console and paste it in 15C-163 in something like HxD (at the bottom it says block and bottom left it will say offset)

save and replace

unmount your save

save is now usable

Last edited by ProtoBuffers,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0