Hardware ps4 pro unrecognized disc

Oniman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i decided to change the thermal paste on my ps4 pro but after i did my ps4 wont recognize discs and makes weird noises. i have no clue what happened to it i checked all the ribbon cables and i also checked the drive itself, nothing seems out of place. the odd thing is that when i put the ps4 upside down it reads them just fine. has anyone else had this problem? any help is appreciated. i added two videos showing what happens

the error

upside down

Oniman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did you change the thermal paste? It's only been on the market for a year or so. It didn't need maintenance.
it was running hot and the fans would spin up to a really noticeable volume. after i changed the thermal paste the ps4 runs quiet but now i have this problem

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
it was running hot and the fans would spin up to a really noticeable volume. after i changed the thermal paste the ps4 runs quiet but now i have this problem
I have a PS4 Pro, too, and it's actually the BD drive that makes that horrible noise, like a plane is about to take off. Once the game installs to the HDD, it runs reasonably quiet (sitting 40 cm away from it).

Note: it might take a while (sometimes up to half an hour depending how big the game files are), since that's how PS4 games work these days - you plug them in and they install to the HDD in the background while you play them. Not all games, but most of them. And it makes horrible, horrible noises during that time. It didn't make any noise after, because it finished writing them to the HDD.

I swear, CFW can't come soon enough...

My point is, you didn't have to wave your warranty goodbye for something that your console didn't need.

Oniman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick update, i managed to fix the problem and it was the blu-ray laser, it was giving out. i replaced the laser lens and it works like new now
so if anyone else is having these issues it could be the laser lens

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-