Status
Not open for further replies.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am not convinced by the supposed PS3 game streaming on the PS4. Unless they have magically found a way to get rid of terrible input lag

It's called "a good internet connection".

I've played a fair amount of games via OnLive and I really didn't notice the input lag after a few minutes. People act like it's only usable on like... turn based games where there's no need for precision. It worked fine on games like Borderlands for me.

Reactions: Qtis

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's easy for you to say. The internet connection in the area of town I live is so bad (with any ISP) I sometimes have to pre-buffer 360p Youtube videos.
To be fair, you don't buy a NextGen console to play LastGen games. Backwards Compatibility, as much as it seems crazy to some users is not necessary. None of Nintendo's home consoles apart from the Wii and the WiiU had backwards compatibility, XBox 360's backwards compatibility was limited and PS3's was so bad that they actually removed it in the end.

What matters to me is whether the NextGen hardware will be affordable or not. Insisting on Backwards Compatibility either inflates the costs of production (PS3) or limits possible performance increase (Wii).

Want to stick with your PS3 games? Keep your PS3. Don't have a PS3 yet? You don't have a problem then. Backwards Compatibility is a bonus feature, its lack is not a deal breaker.

Reactions: Qtis

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We all know the UK is a third world country.
Not all of it, just the part I dwell in. I'm sure that's a coincidence. :P

@Foxi You're right. Backwards compatibility isn't a deal breaker but as someone with 80+ PS3 games (including PS+ titles) it would certainly make the purchase more appealing.

Reactions: Celice

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I expect it to have Riiiidddge Raaacer!!! And more Giant Enemy Crabs that you can attack the weak point for massive damage!!!

All kidding aside, I do expect them to announce the PS4 some of the expected launch games and hopefully for Vita owners some good news about upcoming games. They will also announce continued support of the PS3 platform.

Either that or some Sony execs will perform seppuku live on stage.

seppuku-o.gif

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Actually it is necessary for what i seen most console launches lack good software those last gen games are what keep people entertain till you start getting the new software releases.
...or you could, I don't know, buy the launch games like everybody else? :creep:

It's not a necessary feature and it never was - it's a bonus. Next generation hardware is supposed to do one thing and one thing only - run next generation games at the best possible performance with the lowest possible price point. I'm more than willing to forget about backwards compatibility entirely if it'll mean that the console will cost $400-$450 rather than $599, thank you very much.

Reactions: Rydian

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Buh.. It was hard to find out WHEN the stream actually starts. It wasn't written anywhere obvious (I had to check some old Twitter message for the time).
and, it's 11:00 PM GMT. That's at midnight in Sweden (basically, the 21st and the same goes for the rest of europe to the east of UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1