Votes: 14 13.5%

• Total voters

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
That sounds pretty shit to me.

Uncharted Drake's Fortune is one of the worst games I've EVER played. The jump they made to Uncharted 2 is HUGE. Screen tearing, frame rate drops, poor level design, the worst platforming known to man for a AAA game, clunkiness, poor enemy design, a shitty plot... man that game had it all.

I personally liked Uncharted 1 for its gameplay and visuals but story? Forget it. Only Uncharted 2 is the good one of the bunch cause with U3 they ruined it trying to make it all cinematic.

The entire time I was playing Uncharted 3 it felt like I was watching a really long boring CGI movie that I didn't plan to.. I just hope Uncharted 4 isn't the same way.

If you have a gaming PC, then a Wii U will provide you with the following games which you cannot get on your platform:

Bayonetta 2
Super Mario 3D World
Super Smash Bros
Mario Kart 8
Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
Lego City Undercover

Fixed it. If you're ever going to recommend a Wii U library then you can't seriously include Mario Party 10 that's just fucking garbage.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I personally liked Uncharted 1 for its gameplay and visuals but story? Forget it. Only Uncharted 2 is the good one of the bunch cause with U3 they ruined it trying to make it all cinematic.

The entire time I was playing Uncharted 3 it felt like I was watching a really long boring CGI movie that I didn't plan to.. I just hope Uncharted 4 isn't the same way.

Ahh I haven't played uncharted 3 yet. I have to get on it. Loved Uncharted 2.

Please replay Uncharted 1. The screen tearing and clunkiness is VERY obvious. I only played it last year and it was the shittest gaming experience of my life. Platforming was so horrible, Drakes rolling was slow and almost Dark Souls-ish and the gameplay was just point and shoot until everything dead (standard uncharted i guess) in very very similar settings, over and over.

Fixed it. If you're ever going to recommend a Wii U library then you can't seriously include Mario Party 10 that's just fucking garbage.

I've only seen lets plays of Mario Party but it honestly looks fun as hell. I'm going to be buying Mario Party to play with my sister and our little cousins, aged like 11 and 13. I think thats where the magic of a game like Mario Party will shine. I think I was watching Angry Joe play with his friends and despite its huge flaws which could have been sorted by Nintendo, it seems to offer a unique experience which is accessible for everyone.

If you're playing the game with a competitive mindset, I understand it will fail you but I think people look too critically at a game like Mario Party expecting it to be more than it advertises.

If you're getting at the locked DLC bullshit, then yeah it sucks.

Nintendo land and Wii Party U were game-changers for me last holiday. I was able to play with the whole family and it was an amazing experience.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Ahh I haven't played uncharted 3 yet. I have to get on it. Loved Uncharted 2.

Please replay Uncharted 1. The screen tearing and clunkiness is VERY obvious. I only played it last year and it was the shittest gaming experience of my life. Platforming was so horrible, Drakes rolling was slow and almost Dark Souls-ish and the gameplay was just point and shoot until everything dead (standard uncharted i guess) in very very similar settings, over and over.

Uncharted games have always felt sluggish by trying to move the weapon to whichever side so it's not something relevant to know now, actually, I was annoyed at first and tried to find a solution though there wasn't one and eventually became used to it. Sure, I'll play Uncharted 1 again this summer if I remember to.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Uncharted games have always felt sluggish by trying to move the weapon to whichever side so it's not something relevant to know now, actually, I was annoyed at first and tried to find a solution though there wasn't one and eventually became used to it. Sure, I'll play Uncharted 1 again this summer if I remember to.

lol just play it again. I played it recently so it didn't have "good graphics" to fall back on. I'd just completed Tomb Raider 2013 and The Last of Us and compared to those two titles, it failed miserably. I'd easily give it a 5/10. I think near the time people will just wowed by the cinematic feel it introduced.

What impresses me so much about Naughty Dog is how they took EVERYTHING uncharted 1 did badly, and improved it. The last time I saw that happen was Persona 3 jumping to Persona 4. You can tell the developers sat down, talked about what sucked and how they wanted to fix it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932984-uncharted-drakes-fortune/65076147

I've played about 15 games for the PS3. I liked all of them to some degree except Uncharted. Uncharted was the first game I've ever played that would flat out get a 4/10. The gameplay is awful, I have never seen worse platforming... especially as a fundamental part of gameplay (the fact that Naughty Dog made platforming this terrible makes me want to cry).

The cover and healing health system that has plagued this gen's fps is still here. Hard difficulty in this console gen boils down to duck behind cover, kill someone, wait to heal, kill someone else, avoid grenades when necessary. It's awful, it's repetitive... it's hardly gameplay.

The story here was also god awful and the fact that every 10 steps Drake takes in the small limited linear world leads him into an ambush of 20 people willing to die for a treasure you're leading them to is downright insane. I've never seen more forced and contrite fight scenes then the ones you walk into over and over again in Uncharted.

The puzzle aspects were not puzzles. Look at the original GoW on how to do a fun action based puzzle. Look at Goldensun on how to do a difficult, brain-pulling puzzle. These were not puzzles, they were all incredibly simple and solved within a minute (most of which was using the terrible platforming to navigate).

Every element of gameplay was awful, the story was stupid, the situations you kept being put into were illogical to the point of impossible... the only things good about this game were the characterizations, voice acting and the facial expressions (neat)... and the background was nice too. As for the decent characterization and the trite story... it was just typical Hollywood. Enjoyable, but nothing to leave you thinking at the end of the day.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again GBAtemp makes the right easy decision.
Where is the "Should I get Sky3DS or Gateway?" thread? I imagine it'd be less clear cut there.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please Vote Guys I Need About 75 More Votes! In About 6 Days

I mean I know this is for special math, but you realize you could just...I dunno, fudge the numbers? Really they're pretty arbitrary anyway. If you had the Wii on there it'd have 90% of the votes.

ps4 is the best
xbox is shit and was always shit

It's always fun when one peasant slings shit at the other peasant.
While the glorious PC nobles simply sip tea and watch the brutes from our mansion windows.

Reactions: Celice

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
II'm going OT here but this generation has been REALLY, depressingly boring so far imo, other than a few 3DS and Wii U games plus Bloodbourne looks cool. Japan being taken over by shitty phone games(Konami used to be one of my favorite companies :( ) has played a big part in this, and I'm worried about Nintendo getting into that kinda shit when they still have a dedicated portable console to take care of.

Nintendo is one of the last great Japanese companies that hasn't either disappeared into mobile hell or turned to shit, although I have plenty of problems with Nintendo as a company. There's region locking, obsession with copyright laws, increased DLC bullshit, shitty VC emulation, no unified account system(yet) and forced gimmicks like the gamepad, which some people like but imo it should be optional. However, I respect Nintendo as a company despite its flaws/fuckups and the 3DS and Wii U(BC is a big plus too) are the only systems that offer all the quirky, psychedelic Japanese games I love. Xenoblade X looks especially fascinating and I hope you don't have to buy DLC to experience the full story.

I boycott all DLC other than legit expansion packs because I hate the practice and 99% of the time it's a scam. I know I rant about DLC/microtrans bullshit too much but it's one of the biggest problems in gaming today and people need to stop falling for DLC scams and paying for microtransactions.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest.. I would prefer PS4 over Wii U. Don't get me wrong that Wii U is a great for the games like Zelda and Mario if you are into it like me but I do not have Wii U just yet. Why? I avoid it because there are not many great games out there.. I am just into Zelda and Mario and nothing else. That's why many people liked many games that I disliked excluding Zelda and Mario. Anyway, until one day I will buy a USED one. Right now, I have a PS3 and I am keeping my eyes on PS4 in the near future. No hurry for me, thought. Again, I vote PS4 over Xbox one (A design box is huge and heavy and ugly). Its up to you.

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest.. I would prefer PS4 over Wii U. Don't get me wrong that Wii U is a great for the games like Zelda and Mario if you are into it like me but I do not have Wii U just yet. Why? I avoid it because there are not many great games out there.. I am just into Zelda and Mario and nothing else. That's why many people liked many games that I disliked excluding Zelda and Mario. Anyway, until one day I will buy a USED one. Right now, I have a PS3 and I am keeping my eyes on PS4 in the near future. No hurry for me, thought. Again, I vote PS4 over Xbox one (A design box is huge and heavy and ugly). Its up to you.

Your opinion is kind of the consensus opinion among gaming enthusiasts and for good reason. The Wii U's sales are abysmal so it probably won't be around for much longer(Xenoblade X + Nintendo games make the Wii U appealing to me) but the PS4 seems to have a much brighter future than either the Wii U or XB1. It's the most powerful home console ever, it has more Japanese support than the XB1 & multiplats are better on the PS4 because it's a stronger console. However, both the PS4 and XB1 lack any games that interest me currently,(minus Bloodbourne maybe) so what I'll likely do is wait a few years & buy a PS4 once it's cheaper & has a much larger library.

I'll only buy a Wii U if Xenoblade X turns out to be awesome. I've been wanting a great JRPG on home consoles for a while, and I missed the first XB game, and my vision is such that I don't feel like playing a massive RPG on a handheld.(if my vision were better I'd just buy the 3DS version) The Wii version is expensive as shit, so once I upgrade my PC, Dolphin it is.

No need to be tentative about your opinion, in other words ;)

EDIT: Why the fuck are you labeled a newcomer despite registering in 2002? Must be a bug in the new layout.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your opinion is kind of the consensus opinion among gaming enthusiasts and for good reason. The Wii U's sales are abysmal so it probably won't be around for much longer(Xenoblade X + Nintendo games make the Wii U appealing to me) but the PS4 seems to have a much brighter future than either the Wii U or XB1. It's the most powerful home console ever, it has more Japanese support than the XB1 & multiplats are better on the PS4 because it's a stronger console. However, both the PS4 and XB1 lack any games that interest me currently,(minus Bloodbourne maybe) so what I'll likely do is wait a few years & buy a PS4 once it's cheaper & has a much larger library.

I'll only buy a Wii U if Xenoblade X turns out to be awesome. I've been wanting a great JRPG on home consoles for a while, and I missed the first XB game, and my vision is such that I don't feel like playing a massive RPG on a handheld.(if my vision were better I'd just buy the 3DS version) The Wii version is expensive as shit, so once I upgrade my PC, Dolphin it is.

No need to be tentative about your opinion, in other words ;)

EDIT: Why the fuck are you labeled a newcomer despite registering in 2002? Must be a bug in the new layout.

Wait!!! Yes something is wrong here. I am not NEWCOMER. Must be a bug. @_@

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have been a big Fan-boy of xbox 360 and loved it so much :) But Xbox one ruined it by being "MORE" then a gaming console...
PS4 has many nice titles (for now) and it is dedicated to gaming. I am happy I went for PS4 :)

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ps4 BUT consider that psn just doesnt work.....
xbox live is way better!

This, though Sony have caught up by a good margin this gen.... I've got both, and am happy with both too, but to me it seems the PS4 is the PS3 done right, and the XBO is the 360 done wrong - make no mistake the 360 was easily the best console of the 2 last gen (I'm not talking about the games here, and of course it's just my opinion anyway), but it's almost like the 2 companies have swapped places: XBO feels very much like the PS3 and PS4 like the 360....

If you're an online gamer, then firstly you go where your friends go, but if that isn't part of the equation, you get the XBO. Otherwise the PS4 is the more powerful, has the better selection of games and 'feels' like the better place to be!

Reactions: alirezay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.