Hacking Ps4 Linux Internal HDD

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys modded warfare recently posted a video explaining on how to setup / install Psxitarch V3 to external and the internal hdd.

I opted for the internal setup and followed everything correctly. I have the Aeolia ps4 which is a launch system.

I load up the payload site enabled the latest Goldhen / run the Linux 1gb for the initial setup. Whenever i type in the commands to install the image to the internal hdd i get the following error. See image

Anyone have any idea?

Attachments

• 20230114_200607.jpg
    20230114_200607.jpg
    662.1 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: BigBankBailey

BigBankBailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys modded warfare recently posted a video explaining on how to setup / install Psxitarch V3 to external and the internal hdd.

I opted for the internal setup and followed everything correctly. I have the Aeolia ps4 which is a launch system.

I load up the payload site enabled the latest Goldhen / run the Linux 1gb for the initial setup. Whenever i type in the commands to install the image to the internal hdd i get the following error. See image

Anyone have any idea?
Yes I had that happen to me many times on USB and internal HDD recently. I couldn't delete my Linux iso to reinstall it. Ended up switching to my other PS4 to do a internal install again. I have tried formatting it and it wouldn't work so I switched PS4 consoles. I think if I put a new HDD in my other PS4 I could install another distro but I'm waiting. I just tried psxitarch v3 from moddedwarfare and had problems like this. Your problem is that it deleted itself for some reason idk what we are doing by accident to delete our Linux install, but it's stupid and I haven't found any answers on it yet. That's what fixed it for me so maybe use another hdd then swap back if you can. I haven't tested my other PS4 that did that exact thing you mentioned yet I'm rebuilding the power supply and going to reinstall another distro to the one that's semi working rn other than my graphic driver problem or whatever issue mine is now. I hope someone knows more about your issue we need that answer so we can prevent it.

Attachments

• 20230202_083939.jpg
    20230202_083939.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 86

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I had that happen to me many times on USB and internal HDD recently. I couldn't delete my Linux iso to reinstall it. Ended up switching to my other PS4 to do a internal install again. I have tried formatting it and it wouldn't work so I switched PS4 consoles. I think if I put a new HDD in my other PS4 I could install another distro but I'm waiting. I just tried psxitarch v3 from moddedwarfare and had problems like this. Your problem is that it deleted itself for some reason idk what we are doing by accident to delete our Linux install, but it's stupid and I haven't found any answers on it yet. That's what fixed it for me so maybe use another hdd then swap back if you can. I haven't tested my other PS4 that did that exact thing you mentioned yet I'm rebuilding the power supply and going to reinstall another distro to the one that's semi working rn other than my graphic driver problem or whatever issue mine is now. I hope someone knows more about your issue we need that answer so we can prevent it.

I already got my issue fixed for using the internal method hdd. Modded Warfare posted a fix on his video for people who had issues with installing. Find the Archlinux v3 video he did that'll probably explain the issues you're experiencing perhaps?

I haven't really bothered with it since mind. I can't install apps i want like Qtorrent etc. So my system has gone back to gathering dust 😆

BigBankBailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got qbittorrent installed easily if you still need help I can figure out how I did it rq idk if that's good enough for you maybe try that one. Also don't update this distro it will break it that's what that picture is above the opengl error is because I updated it like he did in the video so don't do that yet.

garbaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I could not get it working despite having the same PS4 model and architecture as Modded Warfare. As soon as the payload is loaded, the PS4 Pro screen goes black and it just shuts off.

BigBankBailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could not get it working despite having the same PS4 model and architecture as Modded Warfare. As soon as the payload is loaded, the PS4 Pro screen goes black and it just shuts off.
Try a different bz image and btw the overclocks are fakes they aren't real. That solved most of my problems I'm using nobora 36 now trying it out. I was on fedora 38 the guy that ported it did a good job on that out of the box wise.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i try puppy linux... and start very quickly but the experience is horrible... very slow, wifi and bt works sometimes and sometimes not... goldhen say to me BELIZE but AEOLIA bzimage works better... and only old kernel works for wifi...
what is the best distro with wifi working "out of the box"?
exist here a good guide for ps4 linux via external usb (mess with internal hd can be very horrible...)

BigBankBailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i try puppy linux... and start very quickly but the experience is horrible... very slow, wifi and bt works sometimes and sometimes not... goldhen say to me BELIZE but AEOLIA bzimage works better... and only old kernel works for wifi...
what is the best distro with wifi working "out of the box"?
exist here a good guide for ps4 linux via external usb (mess with internal hd can be very horrible...)
I'm not sure I did like fedora 38 maybe give that a try my PS4 is aeolia and I have always installed internally it doesn't mess anything up it's actually better as long as your PS4 is able to do it. The bz image change helped me get video sync issues and sound solved and some speed performance boost. I use modded warefares 2nd internal Linux install video it's faster also swap space I use PS4linux website and copy the code that lets you calculate the 8gb swapspace instead of just entering 8gbs and saving it. It works better one time I didn't do that and it gave me like 7. Something instead of saying what it said in the video. It takes a long time either way and I found it's the best method you don't wanna sit through that install again like the many times I had to lol. Don't delete the Linux. Img file unless you wanna new distro installed that's your whole Linux os area. His video has a super easy install script psxitarch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr