fox-raccoon hybrid
OP
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to install Manjaro PS4... but the thing that's holding me back is the bzImage
for some reason, there isn't a single bzimage that works for me, from what i have been trying.
I'm using a PS4 Slim, loading mira through payload guest, after using auto goldhen through al azif's host.
after i load mira, then i load ps4loader and the screen goes black, after that the console beeps and then powers off.
Can someone help me get it booting into linux?
Edit: it's CUH-2215B, btw
update: issue has been resolved.

Last edited by SMNFXCN,

jp99k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been experiencing similar problems trying to get Linux up and running on my PS4 Pro CUH-7015B. I can load Mira on the Payload guest but when I try the linux loader (I've tried 1 & 2gb) this usually occurs:

1.) external hdd/ssd begins flashing
2.) screen goes black / PS4 light turns white
3.) PS4 and usb storage turn off

I have also been successful loading other payloads like enable-browser on payload guest, and it seems like Mira runs fine. I'm new to ps4 homebrew/linux so any pointers would be appreciated!

jp99k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update: it's working now. followed this tutorial, using their bzimg/initramfs and it turns out it was the display not playing nicely with it, i used a different display and it's working now.

I tried it on a different monitor and used the payload sender from the Crumps Github and it's installing right now, big thanks!

I also used the belize 4.14 bzimage from the Hakkuraifu github as well as the psxitarch initramfs and os

Last edited by jp99k,
Reactions: MrDoggus

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
OP
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the solotion! Just wondering, why output gets lost with some displays?
not sure, i think it was because the display i was using at first was quite old, it needed an hdmi to vga adapter (it worked in orbis os so idk what was the issue) vs my 4k tv (which worked just fine)

Reactions: MrDoggus

MrDoggus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
not sure, i think it was because the display i was using at first was quite old, it needed an hdmi to vga adapter (it worked in orbis os so idk what was the issue) vs my 4k tv (which worked just fine)
I tried on my main monitor (1080p 144hz) and it given me a black screen, then, i tried to connect the ps4 to my TV (1080p 60hz) and worked flawlessly. I will try something else like 720p or lower

Thefirebeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have a CUH-2215B. It would be GREAT if they released a baikal kernel that worked on more than just a handful of displays. I have tried on 1 1080i monitor, 1 1080p monitor. 1 720p tv, and 3 4k tvs. Out of those 6 displays only 1 4k tv worked, no luck with the other 5 displays.
wiki confused me, i have a belize one

Last edited by Thefirebeast,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.