PS4 Kernel Exploit Released for 4.05 OFW

After teasing the exploit recently on Discord, SpecterDev has officially released his kernel exploit for PS4 firmware version 4.05.

Official announcement

Code:
https://github.com/Cryptogenic/PS4-4.05-Kernel-Exploit

TLDNR (From GitHub):
In this project you will find a full implementation of the "namedobj" kernel exploit for the PlayStation 4 on 4.05. It will allow you to run arbitrary code as kernel, to allow jailbreaking and kernel-level modifications to the system. This release however, does not contain any code related to defeating anti-piracy mechanisms or running homebrew. This exploit does include a loader that listens for payloads on port 9020 and will execute them upon receival.

In case you want to get a PS4 <=4.05
https://gbatemp.net/threads/suggestion-ps4-bundles-firmware-list.487337/

UPDATE:

Last edited by Scarecrow B,

FreePlayFlorida

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
patience, and reading is key here, yes it sucks its only a specific firmware at present, maybe give it time and can hope others will follow, and a little reading, heck even rereading articles to answer your own questions helps a lot, would love to see progress for other firmwares, play backups etc, but just have to wait and time will tell what wonders will happen, the skills of some people is amazing, and what they can create :D

Reactions: wakabayashy
D

Deleted User

I make a big mistake and deleted my psn profile (i didn't want it associated with hacks and had no plans to go on psn with my jailbroken ps4). This made things harder for me as I did not realize this would break web browser. In hindsight this was a good thing. This is experience other user will have with new ps4 out the box. I hope this helps others....

Last edited by ,
Reactions: kingraa777

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte