Hacking PS4 keeps crashing

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey guys, just now I tried to install three packages: vanishing of ethan carter, transistor (2 files), and ps4nes emulator (using the install all button). for some reason when I wanted to turn on the nes emulator, my ps4 crashed and it rebooted and did the system storage check. I tried to reactivate ps4 hen, and then it crashed again. after it rebooted, I deleted the giles I just installed and the ps4 hen works again normally.

I wonder if someone could enlighten me what went wrong?

Timilrath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Did you install them again and they work fine this time around?

I never use "install all", I always install packages individually and test-run them immediately to make sure they run. However, while I was on 4.05 I did have a similar problem with some games crashing my PS4 some times, yet other times they worked flawlessly. My best workaround was to run a game from disc, close the app, and then load a backup.
Not sure if this helps you though - I'm on 4.55 now and I've had no issues with this, especially since 4.55 supports rest mode and I have been keeping my PS4 on rest as soon as I get it to start booting up games properly i.e. for the last 5-6 days.

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
installed the vanishing of ethan carter individually and it worked. transistor didn't work, it froze after the splash screen so I closed the application. haven't tried to install the nes emulator again, to be honest it was kinda scary . :/

Last edited by eriol33,

Timilrath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Are you on 4.55? And if you are using Al Azif, it is known that fpkgs can hang on splash screen (because Al Azif uses a different version of the HEN Injector than the one KiiWii placed in his self-hosting thread), but they should work if you managed to run something already beforehand. It happened to me a couple of times - not a freeze, but it would simply stay on splash screen, and although the PS button lets me get back to the OS, I couldn't actually close the app. So then I restart my console, run the exploit again, and if one thing works OK - they all work OK.
Maybe you just have a bad rip of the game?
I know, for example, some rips of GTA V wouldn't let you finish the first race mission - the game would simply crash and that was that, you had to get another release.

Reactions: KiiWii

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently after a crash it's best to turn on, choose "turn off" from the power menu, then turn on again before running hacks.

Think I got that from kiiwii's guide.

Reactions: KiiWii

oxidius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't manage to put a finger on what triggers a crash, but here's some info on what happens on my end:

Bought a star wars limited ed. PS4 pro, came 4.73.
Used pre-created user1.
Kept offline, updated to 5.05 via usb.
Used Al Azif DNS server to run disable update => CRASH.
Ran disable update again, worked.
Ran HEN 1.6.
Installed fpkg of Uncharted 4.
Few cycles (3-4) of manual shutdown, HEN 1.6, and play.
Got a CRASH every few time I ran HEN 1.6. 1 in 5 I'd say.
Tried the rest mode (still using HEN 1.6, not Mira), wasn't able to wake up.
Installed around 20 games, played a few, still getting HEN crash from time to time.
Ran app2usb to put it on external drive.
Got my first in crash game, in Uncharted 4, the game was still on the internal HDD.

Timilrath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Wow, sounds like you're having a bad time.
The only thing I could potentially help with is that last crash - it happened to me once as well (and then there was also an annoying bug which almost set me back an hour or so), and I played the legit version, off the disc. So that might be just a game-related issue, unrelated to the exploit itself - it seems like some patches are welcome on Uncharted 4.

xxxacexxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't manage to put a finger on what triggers a crash, but here's some info on what happens on my end:

Bought a star wars limited ed. PS4 pro, came 4.73.
Used pre-created user1.
Kept offline, updated to 5.05 via usb.
Used Al Azif DNS server to run disable update => CRASH.
Ran disable update again, worked.
Ran HEN 1.6.
Installed fpkg of Uncharted 4.
Few cycles (3-4) of manual shutdown, HEN 1.6, and play.
Got a CRASH every few time I ran HEN 1.6. 1 in 5 I'd say.
Tried the rest mode (still using HEN 1.6, not Mira), wasn't able to wake up.
Installed around 20 games, played a few, still getting HEN crash from time to time.
Ran app2usb to put it on external drive.
Got my first in crash game, in Uncharted 4, the game was still on the internal HDD.

i think the pro is still having some issues. i know mine is. though vortexhen 1.6 is way better than mira hen. also i never let mine goto sleep. had to take the plug outta the wall to get it going again. best of luck bro. hope it works out for you.

oxidius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think the pro is still having some issues. i know mine is. though vortexhen 1.6 is way better than mira hen. also i never let mine goto sleep. had to take the plug outta the wall to get it going again. best of luck bro. hope it works out for you.

I managed to use the rest mode correctly, you need to close games before going to rest. Now it works, when a game is running, it crashes.

No crash since. I've rest/turn on the ps4 at least 10 time without any issue.

Reactions: hippy dave

xxxacexxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to use the rest mode correctly, you need to close games before going to rest. Now it works, when a game is running, it crashes.

Great to hear... Honestly never thought of that. Cheers for the info.......

Hotlook

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi ive got 1.6 xvortex ant I creared cache and browser history also , but now I got this error .what can I do to restore hen?
It says no internet connection and error . Maybe o need to go to WiFi without allowing to update ? 20180918_071344.jpg 20180918_071335.jpg

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

in never use rest mode and i have had almost zero kp in the last 6 months.i use hen1.7 ,always unplug your usb devices on startup.after start up log in to your user account and let it rest for 5 min until the background protocols have finished.i greatly improves the succesrate.
hope this can help you a bit with your problem

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ive got 1.6 xvortex ant I creared cache and browser history also , but now I got this error .what can I do to restore hen?
It says no internet connection and error . Maybe o need to go to WiFi without allowing to update ? View attachment 143652 View attachment 143653

Looks like you deleted your cached exploit and need to recache some.

A, update to vtxhen 1.7 :P
B, you can go to http://mundo-mania.net/CYB3R/xproject/ and cache the whole thing very easily. (Takes 5 mins approx)

Last edited by KiiWii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself