Hacking Ps4 Jailbreak 5.05 Is out !!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI Guys,
Maybe you can give me a hand, i successfully modded my PS4 and was able to run games with no issues, however since yesterday i can't, i 'm on version 5.05 but the issue is that i run the Mira+hen it says that is successful but when i try to launch the game i got the message that i need to buy it from the PS store and the padlock is persistent.

ive tried removing and re-install the game, i tried with new games but with no success.

any suggestion?

Do a clean wipe, reinitialize the system os. You should stick to either just hen or hen + mira

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: DeepDispair0409

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to backup the games i have right now? a friend gave some of his games but he is no longer in the country,
can i extract them or sort of?

Well if they are PSN purchase then you can dump them into PKG format, Physical copy you can build the FPKG from the disc, for FPKG games that is already installed on the system you can either redownload them online, or use App2usb to move the pkg to an usb HDD if you got spare HDD where you would have the PKG files on hand, but copying over with App2usb take a while.

Reactions: DeepDispair0409

DeepDispair0409

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK just for everyone who needs the information or is facing the same issue, as Hayato123 states, the way to go is do a initialization of the PS4, however if you don't want to re-download the game you can back it up in a faster way than app2SD.

1) you need to enable FTP on the PS4.
2) access using your computer, there are some manuals over there.
3) navigate on the FTP client on the PC, inside the PS4 go to the route, /user/app
4) you'll see a lot of folders with the name CUSAxxxxx, each folder is a game, you just download it.
5) do the full wipe of the PS4 and reinstall all your games using the debug settings and problem solved.

hope this help guys.

Reactions: Hayato213

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Sonic Mania Plus needs update 5.53 to boot from the physical. Any way round this?

Short answer: no;

Long answer: it is possible that anyone with a higher version kerner exploit may repackage it for 5.05. Since it isn't public, don't expect it.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like I'll be updating my PS4 then as I haven't even used it for ages hence the question but do want to play this game.
Noooooo, well it’s up to you, but consider what you will be missing out on without HEN.

Tbh, I got sonic mania and thought it was pretty boring :( but kept my console on 5.05 for Linux, games, emus (ps2 on PS4) etc.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Noooooo, well it’s up to you, but consider what you will be missing out on without HEN.

Tbh, I got sonic mania and thought it was pretty boring :( but kept my console on 5.05 for Linux, games, emus (ps2 on PS4) etc.

I hear ya but I buy all of my games physical anyway and the main thing I was looking for out of homebrew was a port of Reicast as I've already got a PS3 that emulates almost everything else. Last time I updated was to 4.50 to play Hitman IIRC and after that its just sat there.

Haven't been keeping up with the PS4 hacks so will have to take a quick look into it first. Do you have to use any Windows based apps to resign or similar as I'm Mac only these days plus the only things I'd really be interested in are the ability to rip/play my disc games off the HD and apply updates.

If its as simple as the old PSNDL PS3 deal then thats cool with me otherwise its just so much easier to be on the latest FW and just download the updates automatically although the possibility of more/optimized homebrew would always be a plus because the PS4 is powerful enough to run Retroarch with the run ahead/no lag feature so that would be pretty great.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@replicashooter you rip and decrypt games using vtx dumper, then use pc to fake package the game back to an installable (read shareable) state.

The Linux drivers are getting better and better and already support dolphin so reicast can’t be that far off on Linux, but I usually use my shield tv for reicast anyway, need to look into it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto