PS4 is Region-Free

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's spectaaaaaacular, how can Microsoft be doing everything SO wrong and Sony everything so RIGHT.
I mean Killer Instinct was heavily anticipated, revealed, and then rejected because of the backwards decision to make it free to play with only ONE free character. Microsoft have no idea what they have with Rare and continue to squander it.

Reactions: Costello

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
>> Thread about PS4 being region free

>> Talks about Gateway 3DS

:unsure:

I do not understand this post, someone please translate it for me.

hmm people don't seem to get my jokes and sarcasm... all this talk about 3ds gateway and it being region-free made me feel like putting that first 'sarcastic' line there

secondly, will the ps4 have homebrew since sony seems to be stricter with its anti-piracy/hacking row between them and the hackers

apologies for the complexity

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's always nice knowing that the console will be region free. There isn't many games I have imported in my life but it's always a nice feature to have for when those exclusive Japanese games come out.

Plus this is also good for when your on holiday abroad and see an awesome deal on a game ( Which surprisingly has actually happened to me )

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it says a lot about the games industry that just following precedent is newsworthy on its own.
It says a lot about the state it's in that no online DRM, lending games to friends and the ability to buy used games is noteworthy or a "feature". Back in the dark ages of gaming we considered those things natural...

Sony didn't need to do anything at E3 other than say we're not doing what MS are doing...

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just remember online multiplayer on the ps4 requires plus
Which basically gives you games for 3 platforms. It's quite a bit value regardless. Especially if one is a Sony fanboy and has all 3 consoles benefitting from PS+ :creep:

But alas, at least all media features are free and don't require PS+. So far I've read quite a few pros and cons on different tech sites for both the PS4 and XB1 and also watched both of the E3 presentations. So far I know that one of my friends will be getting a XB1 and I'll probably be getting a PS4. At least for starters. :P

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PS4 hammering X1 into oblivion.

It's nice to see another region free Sony System, and I will be ordering one after TGS provided they deliver a good Japan only exclusive.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think their "Look how free you can be with ps4" approach is working very well for them. marrying the system to the vita was also smart. All we need is proven friendliness towards indie devs and we got a king of the gen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1