Hacking Ps4 game updates?

Peniskoker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
So now that i JB my ps4, there was a site called orbis something something where you can get the ps4 game updates. Can i just install these for the right version of my game? Or do they have to be modded/signed/whatever first?

I am on 4.55

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So now that i JB my ps4, there was a site called orbis something something where you can get the ps4 game updates. Can i just install these for the right version of my game? Or do they have to be modded/signed/whatever first?

I am on 4.55
You can install them after activating HEN in debug settings as long as the required FW Version of the update is under 4.55 or equal. And of course you need the original Gamedisk.

Last edited by Muxi,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be aware that you cannot install original update pkg for fake pkg games at all. You will have to have fake update pkg to install for fake pkg games. No tools does that.. You will have to have an actually retail discs to do that.

Peniskoker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
So i got a retail disc for uncharted 4 lying here. If i install the game update for the game, can i extract ONLY the update or is it merged within the game file?

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i got a retail disc for uncharted 4 lying here. If i install the game update for the game, can i extract ONLY the update or is it merged within the game file?
If you are on 4.55, you can only install gameupdates <= 4.55. The actual update version 01.32 for Uncharted 4 reqires FW.5.01. It´s not possible at this time.
You can dump your game including an update (if it´s under or equal 4.55) if you set split=0 in the dumper.cfg at the root of your usb-device using the dumper from xvortex version 1.7. For dumping an installed update only, you have to set split=2, but remember, this only works with updates that do not require a higher fw version than 4.55

Last edited by Muxi,
Reactions: Seffo182

Seffo182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are on 4.55, you can only install gameupdates <= 4.55. The actual update version 01.32 for Uncharted 4 reqires FW.5.01. It´s not possible at this time.
You can dump your game including an update (if it´s under or equal 4.55) if you set split=0 in the dumper.cfg at the root of your usb-device using the dumper from xvortex version 1.7. For dumping an installed update only, you have to set split=2, but remember, this only works with updates that do not require a higher fw version than 4.55

Sorry I'm a noob at this but let me see if I understand this correctly. I already dumped my games but didn't think to update them first, unfortunately. But that should be fine because I can still extract just an update and convert to fpkg form, correct? (As long as said update is under 4.55) What I would need to do is: 1) Uninstall fpkg game. 2) Insert retail game and install. 3) Download and install update from the site 4) Open cfg file on root of usb and set split=2. 5) Dump game as normal 6) Convert dump into fpkg as normal 7) profit..... Right?

The only problem I see is that the dumper payload that has been working for me is a 19kb file vtx, and has no corresponding config file as far as I know... Can I just create one? Any tips/advice much appreciated. Gracias.

Edit: Ok was a dumb question I found a cfg file.

Second Edit: Just in case any one is wondering, yes, I ripped just the updates. Then I opened the patch folder selected all, then copy and pasted directly into the original dumped base game folders, overwriting when prompted. Running gp4, and orbis gen on this results in 1 updated fpkg.

Last edited by Seffo182,

tinpanalley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Look on this page:
https://ps4database.io
There you will find game updates. But these are only for the current FW. For some games older updates are also offered.
Ok, but I can't seem to get info on the other versions. For example here, there is apparently a 1.06 as well as a 1.07 but the 1.06 doesn't say whether it's for a previous firmware version. What does that mean?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the page says 1.07 is for 5.50 it will not work on your device. You will need the older update. As for finding information on what updates are for what firmwares i haven't seen anything about but if anyone does please share. Only updates for 5.05 and older will run on JB consoles.

tinpanalley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Check the page says 1.07 is for 5.50 it will not work on your device. You will need the older update. As for finding information on what updates are for what firmwares i haven't seen anything about but if anyone does please share. Only updates for 5.05 and older will run on JB consoles.
Yeah, the 1.06 says nothing. I know it was released in mid-February. Is there any way to get rosters in sports games? Or for that are we still waiting for a PSN spoofer?
Also, what happens if you run a later update than 5.05? It just won't play at all?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you install too new an update it'll stop running til you update. However if you do this it's possible to fix without reinstalling the game/app. You simply enable Mira+hen which enables debug settings and allows you to selectively delete items from your installs. There will be a delete option with a star next to it when pressing options on a game...

tinpanalley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You simply enable Mira+hen which enables debug settings and allows you to selectively delete items from your installs.
Yeah, I found this a couple of days ago and thought I was only deleting saves for one game and killed ALL the saves on my PS4.... Yeah, lovely feature. :rofl:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte